1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could make someone love you, would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The question is from a film trailer but I thought it would be an interesting one to ask and chat about here...

If you could make someone love you, would you?

2. Beth

i'd like to think they would love me of their own free will. i'd be uncomfortable knowing someone loved me because i made them, like it was a lie...
    :slight_smile:

3. littledinosaurs

4. Linkmaste

I dont think so I would feel so bad for doing it.

5. pirateninja

Probably. I once said that I would give ANYTHING for her to feel the way about me that I do about her. But of course there's the moral side to it as well, namely because she's straight and with a boyfriend, and happy with that boyfriend. And I do want her to be happy, but if she loved me, she would be happy with me.

Hmmm..... if I'm honest, I most likely would. Selfish, I know, but I honestly would give anything for her to love me.

6. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i first read that i thought of coures i would theres nothing i wouldn't do. But thinking about it, i would always know it wasn't real. So no i don't think i would. Extremely tempting though !

7. EM68

No, I would want them to love me for my wonderful self, :slight_smile:. I want something that is real.

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would. :astonished:

9. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I don't know, I would give almost anything for her to love me the way I love her but then I would probably feel bad about it, and it wouldn't seem as amazing as it should be because I would know it's not the way she truly feels.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, I think I probably would too.

I know it's selfish, but I don't feel the chances of someone I find attractive also finding me attractive are that high. And I really don't want to wait for too long.

I would need to choose the right person though, everything as right as it can be apart from their attraction to me. Not just used on someone who happens to be cute or whatever but that I hardly know, because it wouldn't change the rest of their personality.

11. biisme

I don't know. If I did I'd probably just be depressed because I'll know they don't really love me.

12. pirateninja

Exactly, I mean, the girl I have in mind is probably the most amazing person I know; smart, clever, witty, caring and completely and utterly accepting. I've known her for a few years and I just know that she is the perfect person for me. I love her and would do anything for her. And yes, as selfish as it is, I would make her love me if I could. It certainly wouldn't be wasted on someone who I just think "Ooooh, boobies!".

13. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a crush on one of my good friends. I've been pushing him slightly to see me as "more than a friend" because I know that he likes me. But he broke up with his boyfriend a short while ago and still isn't over him. He cares about me enough not to bring me into that and asked me to just be a friend. I would wish that he would forget his ex boyfriend before I wished that he'd love me. But still I'd have to say that it's better just to let things happen. I think that the harder something is to obtain, the more magical it seems when it does happen. If love were just handed to you by magic it would ironically take away the magic that is love. It wouldn't be love at all

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I would, and I don't think it would be selfish. In some cases people want to be in love but they're not. If you can magically make someone requite your love, and then you both are happy together, then that's good for both of you, right?

I don't have anyone specific in mind here... well, actually, maybe I do.

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Love? No. Love doesn't feel right unless it comes equally form both sides. There is a guy in my school who, as much as I wish I could make him love me, he's a good friend, and I'd hate to run that. Lust, on the other hand... :icon_wink

16. Trumpetplyer23

There have been people that I've really liked, that, well, I would have given anything for them to love me.

But, I'd rather it be genuine, sincere love. Not manufactored fake love.

17. musican

I think that I would make someone love me, only to realize that it was a mistake. Some people seem like they would be the perfect partner, but only when you see them occasionally. When you start seeing someone more, you might realize that they have a mannerism that bugs you, but you didnt notice it before because you didnt spend so much time with them. I would feel terrible knowing that I made this person love me and I couldnt love them for whatever reason; I would have to live my life knowing that I set someone up for heartbreak by messing with their heart.

I know that it would only be sensible to make someone love me that I really know well and think would make a good boyfriend, but I'm lonely so I probably would make someone love me without thinking about how uncompatible we could be.

18. sdc91

If the World Were Mine? *cough*

Nope, got my boy already and I didn't need to force anything.

But if I didn't, I still wouldn't because it'd always nag me that he loves me because I made him.

19. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's Were The World Mineeeeeeee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*runs away*

20. devushka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dunno...the straight up love thing, probably not for reasons people above have mentioned. But if I could make some one notice me/be attracted to me who I'm attracted to and then we could go from there--that would be good. there have been various times when I had crushes and would have loved to see where things could go, but the other party didn't like me like that. I think at that point, it's still at a casual level and if I could have that power to get them to say "ok, let's give it a go", then we could see where it went. I think serious love, on the other hand, is something I'd much rather prefer to be more mutual.