1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your ideal date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Apr 27, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Since we had a "perfect partner" thread and one about how you imagine meeting that special someone, here:how would you like to spend your first date with said person?

2. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We actually have our first date all planned out for when my girlfriend visits. First we're going to embrace at the train station, then talk/flirt for awhile in my car before heading over to this really snazzy Mexican restaurant in town. After eating some nummy grubs we're going to the movie theater, then heading back to my place for Netflix, some co-op gaming, and late night cuddling. :3

3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Option 1: we spend a whole day just lazing around, cuddling and watching some horror/action movie. We then go to the market, buy some foods and I will probably cook something. He will surprise me by buying a bouquet of roses and I will surprise him by plucking every single petals and turn them into rose jam. Waste not, want not. Some light awkward dancing <3

Option 2: Camping in the forest, outdoor bbq, gazing at the stars at night, some activities to keep warm when it's cold <3

Option 3: Order a pizza.

4. tscott

Maybe a day canoeing on the river...picnic on the bank...maybe across from the U of R's chapel...lazy afternoon...talking, flying kites, snoozing in the sun or under a willow tree...go see and old movie at the Eastman House...have a log, lingering kiss and say goodnight...pull off the pleasure we both want...pleasure delayed is the sweetest.

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Inside the house, watching movie or playing console or PC games.
    2) Walking in the woods or hiking a mountain.
    3) Museum or theme park

6. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We'd meet at the train station in front of my house. She'd look like she spent a good 30 minutes (potentially more) fretting about how she'd look like for the date; ended up stunning, in my opinion. I'd be in the opposite end of the spectrum - annoyingly casual and no care put past the gel in my untameable hair. After a few lines of teasing about it, she'd rule it out as cute regardless, take my hand and head to the place of choice.

It would probably be the local mall, there isn't much else to do here. We'd have a proper lunch and I'd insist on paying for the food. She'd get upset but eventually give up because I'm so stubborn; perhaps sneak her share into my bag without me noticing. After that we'd go watch a movie and not spare a single cent in popcorn and beverages. If I'm going to the movies, I'm gonna go with the appropriate snacks! I'd end up dragging her across the mall after the movie to check out a few gaming stores, and be mercilessly teased for my mindless habit.

Afterwards, we'd walk all the way back to the station. Roughly 20 to 30 minutes worth of walking. The pace would be quite slow, and we'd discuss various things, joke around, and the like. As the train arrives, she'd steal a kiss and promise to come visit again soon.

...Bah, I'm a hopeless romantic, aren't I :icon_redf

7. Psaurus918

Hiking or some kind of nature trail... followed by a good dinner and drinks after

8. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Aren't we all? =)

9. Burnedcloset

He's going to buy me a vacation to the Bahamas and I'm going to swim with the Dolphins.

It will happen. Oh, and it will be Matt Bomer.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Video games at home!

11. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^This, Mortal Kombat plus beer...And a strip poker type thing where the loser has to remove clothing...

12. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    On an empty, sunny beach. With food, drinks and music.

13. itsmary

Museum / Cinema> Mexican food > Cuddles <3

14. Gandee

Gandee Guest

You know, Rammy, at one point you will have to answer your questions.

15. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Well...no one asked me to answer them before so...

and as far as i see this is a statement.Not a request to answer it =P

lol :badgrin:

16. lemons123

I was going to write: "fighting or cuddling" but realized it will be better:

fighting AND cuddling :slight_smile:

17. Jellal

I can't imagine anything more fun than roleplaying together, the whole time. No matter what we were doing. Staying in character 24/7. And getting a bunch of fun in-jokes set up.

18. slakers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone just wanted to bring me out to try a bunch of really expensive ritzy cheeses I'd be down with that. I love cheese, it's my favorite food for sure.

19. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first date with my last boyfriend was pretty close to ideal. Started out with coffee, talking about politics, dating, work, what we do for fun. Then we grabbed food cause we kinda wanted to keep it going, and then we grabbed drinks and saw a live band, and talked some more about deep stuff. Felt a strong connection. Ended with a kiss.

I use that as a meter stick for all my dates now. If you sense that they want to keep the date going... that's when you know it's good. If they have to leave to do something after a few hours, it's clearly not gone well and you haven't connected. (I can't imagine what kind of borderline personality would leave a date they're enjoying for work or friends. I'd push that stuff aside easily if I found someone who seemed worth keeping).

#19 Spatula, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Ideal, no limits?

If so, then a zombie apocalypse. A good-looking, joke-quipping, ass-kicking date -- hell yeah!

But that isn't likely to happen...

I'd like to think I've known them for a little bit. I'm not the type to start dropping money on someone, which I would, because I take folks I like to Red Lobster, LOL.

Ideally...

Jogging or walking. That's a good time for some chit-chat, some witty banter, maybe a little competition. Winner has to drive loser to dinner later.

Swimming or just chilling by the pool. If it's the summer, we're hitting the fair. The rides may be busted, but the cotton candy is worth it, LOL.

Some multimedia store, with music and movies. I think it'd be fun to test one another's ability to find a movie or album, try to out-bad one another on shitty movies, LOL. It'd be a pretty easy way to open up conversation on the topic of entertainment, maybe each pick a movie based off what we know for one another, and then see how well we did -- I don't know, little things like that.

I'd hope by this time they're tolerating my horrible sense of humor, at least. If it wasn't too late, we'd walk in the park... I know, really cliche, but parks usually have swings.

Yeah, we'd definitely be swinging on the swings. I'm 28, but fuck it, I still swing.

I'd like to think we're having a decent conversation, maybe something interesting or deep. Ideally, it'd be the eternal questions of Krik vs Picard or Why Do People in Horror Movies Go Upstairs?

They'd be driving me to Red Lobster. What, you think I'd let you win? LOL. No, I'm kidding... well, kind of. But it isn't too bad, because I'm paying--

I know. Some folks would insist on paying their share. I can respect that, but if I ask you out, I would like to be able to cover any expenses. You are gracing me with your presence, the least I can do is feed you. But if you want to go Dutch, okay, that's fine -- saves me money, you show me you're a boss, we all win.

--for dinner.

After that, I don't know... it depends on what we're both fine with. But you want to know, ideally, what I'd have happen.

Cuddles and:

- Kicking each other's asses in some video game.
    - Looking through some kind of album/book.
    - Watching a movie/television show, with hopefully some witty banter.
    - Seeing how well/bad we did, with our movie selections from earlier, LOL.

This is so ridiculously corny...