1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets - Are you a slave to your pet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterTinkles, Apr 27, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

Some people just have animals around the house. Some people have pets, which are animals who are friends. And other people have animals around the house that are family members, while still others prefer animals over humans and treat them like they were human themselves.

If you have pets, what type are you?

When I had pets, they were pretty much my friends. I did spoil a couple of them rotten though.

Do you treat your pets like people? Do your pets rule you?
    Do your pets go on vacation with you? Do they ride around in the car with you?
    Do your pets go where you do? How important are your pets to you?
    Do you spoil your pets with toys, gourmet foods, treats, and clothes?

How important is your pet to you?
    Does your pet own YOU?

Post pics of your pets if you want, give us their name what breed they are and how old they are, if you post a pic.

[​IMG]

#1 MisterTinkles, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Psaurus918

I have a Shih-Tzu

He loves to go for car rides. We don't take him on far trips but he loves to go up to our camp. All we have to say is "wanna go to camp" and he runs to the door. I remember one time we had the doors open to load up the car and we couldn't find him, he snuck out and was already in the car

And toys, he has 100s of squeak toys. Every holiday he gets 2 toys and treats

3. AKTodd

My dogs are not my children - at least that's what their piano teacher tells me.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My late shih tzu loved going on car rides too! He loved to look down the window and he would roll it down himself.
    R.I.P Sammy

5. Psaurus918

My late shih tzu loved going on car rides too! He loved to look down the window and he would roll it down himself.
    R.I.P Sammy[/QUOTE]

:icon_sad:

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks (*hug*)

7. Thedistra

My pets are/were my friends. No matter if people insisted on calling me their mom.

I took my dog pretty much everywhere, to the river, to the drive thru, people's houses, swimming etc. He had many toys throughout his time (he loved to destroy them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and many nylabones. He was well trained even though he was some what spoiled. I gave him random bits of human food from time to time. Food was only 2nd to playing with his flirt pole in the list of things he found most fun.

I mourned all of my pets but they are still not humans. I don't encourage humanizing other animals, it's the cause of to many problems.

Although I do prefer dogs over humans for the most part. In conclusion I would say my pets and I are/were friends. Damn this made me really miss my dog.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a husky/border collie mix, she's an old girl now. I think she's 12 or so. Her adoptive sister passed away this year in early January. We had to put her down because she was senile and in pain. They didn't rule us, but they got in trouble a lot.

I also have two tabby cats, and they are kind of untrained. They never do their business anywhere but the litterbox, but they are awful about keeping off the counters and scavenging for food. I imagine they walk all over anything in the house because they are inside cats and don't have a lot of freedom. We were going to train them to be outside cats, but decided not to because we live next to the ocean, on a dune, where there are a lot of eagles and hawks searching for small mammals. Lots of coyotes, too.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

[​IMG]

This is Christmas (Chrissy for short)

Yes I treat her like a human being.

She is crazy but I love her.

Yes I am a slave to her!

We have cute cuddles whenever she feels like it! I can pick her up but she doesn't usually sit with me for long unless she feels ''smoochy''

She is my best friend in the animal world. ♥

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despite the stereotype about cats presenting themselves as rulers and the humans their servants, that's not true for the two of ours. They have their little attitudes every now and then, but at the end of the day, the smallest of us is ten times the size of them. We move them around however we need to (while forcing them to relocate their furry butts is still pretty rare) and they are sweet enough never to claw us on purpose.

In return for being good cats, we do shower them with love. As far as toys go they have more improvised ones than real cat toys, because if they love cardboard and shoelaces more anyway, why try to force it? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We also pet/brush them a lot and they seem quite content. So I don't think either of us really reigns over the other.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She's so beautiful :tears:

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say yes, to some extent, when I had a pet. I had a dog. I spent so much time with her and would take her so many places with me. She was like a person to me and having her lick my face every now and then told me it was her way of saying "thanks!" Dogs really know who the "dog people" are.

13. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not a pets type of fella...

14. Lyana

My family has a cat. He was my cat, but now that I've left home, he's at my parents'. But I adore him and he adores me. I just got back from a week of seeing him actually... :frowning2: Sometimes I think I miss him more than my parents. And I love my parents, they're just not "companions" the way my cat is.

This cat has been to three countries with us -- soon to be a fourth. We've taken him on vacation several times with us.

We always joke that he's my parents' spoiled third child, their last "baby" who's still at home. He used to be very respectful but has taken up some bad habits since my brother and I left home! My mother especially will give him anything he wants.

15. Foz

Foz Guest

I have a Labradoodle, called Ozzy as my parents were halfway through a bottle of gin after my dad just came back from Africa and were watching Ozzy Osbourne on TV when the breeder emailed some pictures XD

He is a spoiled brat!

[​IMG]

16. White Knight

I treat animals with respect and my cats ain't an exception.

They can never rule my life tho'. I am doing my best to provide them but by no means pamper them.

For acting them like humans... pfft humans are over rated. I prefer company of animals... at least they don't say stupid things which raise my blood pressure levels.

There are people who expect animals to act like humans... I really get annoyed whenever I see one... like that woman who "thaught" her cat to eat on table like a human... by binding fork to their paw... God how can be a person that demanted to not realise they are torturing that poor thing. Same goes for that bimbos with tiny dogs in tiny clothes... For me that is sign of how low IQ that pet owner has. Of course there are people who breed those abominations in the first place.. if they cannot survive in natural world/not part of natural cycle, those things better not exist.

17. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have a Rottie and Pit-Mastiff-Rottie mix.

They are part of the family. We treat them as such to a certain extent. Treats, walks, nice ass beds. They cuddle with us, sleep with us, play with us. However, they are not allowed to have leftovers (but that's mostly because our puppy is allergic to a lot), they are not allowed on the couch, and they don't go everywhere with us. I love my dogs and would rather have dogs than kids.

18. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have two cats, they are more roommates then pets: they have their space (the garden), they can go and come whenever they want, we pass together some time daily, when I feed them and play with them.
    I always have respect to my cats since they are my freewill roommates, I love them.
    I never took them to vacation because I know that cats don't like to travel; I always spoil them with the best food, toys, paper boxes, never bought clothes because they don't seem to like them.

19. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have Two cats who more or less have the run of the house. they demand attention, fussy with what they eat, fight one another ( they are brothers)

Do you treat your pets like people? kind of I talk to them normal
    Do your pets rule you? oh yes very controlling.
    Do your pets go on vacation with you? am not as bad as that :slight_smile: my friend looks after them then.
    Do they ride around in the car with you? They have done going to the vets .
    Do your pets go where you do? around the house except at bedtime they would keep waking me up .
    How important are your pets to you? they are part of my life am lost without them .
    Do you spoil your pets with toys, gourmet foods, treats, and clothes? they have there
    own toys like catnip mouse balls as for food they are really fussy but I refuse to spend ££s on them they ain't spoilt .

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's why they are preferable to children.

Pets LOWER blood pressure. That's what they've found in studies.

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2015 at 09:01 AM ----------

I didn't think you were! Haha.