1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned Members?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Im Hazel, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Im Hazel

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss this (so please delete this thread if it violates the rules), but I am curious as to why some members have been banned. Lots of them seemed really nice! For example, 404dotexe was banned recently. He was so nice! And there was this person I see a lot in older threads who was once an admin, or tech support or something. He was called PaulUK or something like that. He seemed so nice, too! So if this is against the rules, please delete this, not add me to the ranks of the banned people I had hoped to discuss...

2. Im Hazel

Thanks for sharing. I guess I'll never know...

3. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd guess that if somebody is nice but gets banned, they have been deleted due to rule violation such as posting personal details, or having a multiple accounts, stuff like that.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Generally, when a lot of nice well behaved people get banned, It's usually because they were sharing off-site accounts. Their facebooks, tumblrs, twitters, etc. It's against the rules unless you share via PM, and a lot of people don't realize this or ignore it.

5. Im Hazel

Oh, ok. It seems a shame, but i know that rule is important. :frowning2:

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People aren't always what they seem.

I'd like to see some more full members. I don't communicate with a few people as much as I'd like to on account of that.

I'm sure there are reasons, though but I almost don't want to know why. I have other things to think and don't want to spin my wheels on it because one could hypothesize quite a bit.

7. Vampire

The community is what it is today because of it's strict rules regarding private information (where, how and when it can/is shared) and other rules that make sure to keep those (bad) guys out.

I'm sure that the staff take many things into consideration before banning a member, as I highly doubt it's their first resort.

A general rule is, as Tightrope pointed out, that people are not necessarily what they seem and even if they are, repeated rule violations ultimately lead to banning.

8. Yosia

It is upsetting when active, friendly members get banned but rules are rules, and no one should be exempt.

9. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is sad, isn't it, if people are not honest. I mean one cannot always share everything one would like, but that is not the same as pretending to be someone or something one is not. I can only speculate on peoples motivations.

I think the rules are very necessary, and I am sure they are applied with care. There must be lots of vulnerable people here, and we all owe them a duty of care.

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone