1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you do the same?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rygirl, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Rygirl

I have recently read a book set in Victorian England called The French Lieutenants Woman, it is basically a story about two characters, Charles and Sarah who fall in love, one problem though, Charles is engaged to a girl called Tina. So what does Charles do? he breaks off his engagement, trashes his reputation (which would have been everything to someone in Victorian England) and spends three years searching for Sarah. What I am interested to find out is: would you have done the same as Charles or would you have gotten over the person, be it a man or a woman.

2. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Considering the time, I would have to say I would stay with the one I was engaged. Money was everything back then and I couldn't just simply drop everything for a person I had supposedly fallen in love with. Having to trash your reputation is hard for me.

In present day I actually would run off and find the person i fell in love with. Because now we can live life a bit more and can pursue whatever makes us happy.

So there two different answers for two different time frames