1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter plans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 24, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

What's everyone doing this winter?

Aside from Christmas on the 25th, I've got my birthday on January 18th...

But I won't be in Bremen for my birthday... No, I'm not going home to America... I'm going to be on a week long ski trip to AUSTRIA!!!

Haha, I feel like I'm so rich.
    It's a school sponsored trip, so it's not like I'm dropping several thousand to do this.
    I'm super pumped.

2. Amy

Amy

That sounds amazing! I'd be even more jealous if I could ski.

I'm going to get a job, read more than is healthy, see a couple shows (including Nutcracker), have two family Christmases and hang with friends.

3. BeautifulStranger

I haven't skied since I broke my leg... I switched to snow boarding afterwards, so this should be an interesting experience.

And I have to say I'm jealous of your plans. I miss my parental units so I'd love to be back in A-Town for Christmas.

Not to mention Mike is going to be back in Michigan at that time...

4. My only big plan is to make it to spring without catching pneumonia XD

5. pirateninja

Well, I got my 18th birthday on the 11th, with my big party on the 18th, 6th form social on the 19th, a friend's party on the 20th, another friend's party around that time, the Christmas family rounds, a New Year's eve party....

My God, I'm going to be so busy :lol:

6. BeautifulStranger

I believe in you Marie!

7. Jeimuzu

Squat. I wanted to go to Paris, but couldn't really.

I've decided I'm coming to the states again for another three months next summer, though.

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aside from revising like nothing on Earth for mocks in January, a skiing trip avec la famille and New Year spent with all the neighbours.

My brother's got his 13th birthday, so that ought to be something else to look forward to...

9. jazzrawr

Erm...well, I'll have probably 3 friend's christmas parties to go to, probably have one myself, family christmas stuff, decorating the house (my favourite part :grin:), studying for exams in January, playing in the snow, going to my sister's place...
    Oh, and one of my friends who lives across the street is getting her licence, so she can drive me to school and I can sleep in. ^.^
    I'm generally excited for the month of December :grin:

10. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Well over here it's summer so no winter plans, but I am going to my cousins wedding and then going down the West Coast, going to hot pools - why in summer I don't know, Shanty Town - it's an old gold mining town that's been turned into a tourist attraction, and going to see the glaciers. Basically all the touristy stuff there we haven't done that my parents want to do before I leave for university next year.

Although just surviving the holidays in general is going to be interesting, with out being stuck in a car and little cabins at camping grounds with my family for 10 days not to mention all my uncles at the wedding asking about boyfriends.:frowning2:

#10 Hidden Angel, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finishing the Fall semester in college, working as a substitute teacher before the students get out for winter break, take a class over the winter session, enjoy my time off and hang out with people. :slight_smile:

12. Amy

Amy

Ouchies! >.<

I have to survive Thanksgiving before I get to do anything else. That will be a test of survival...

13. JWAD

JWAD Guest

aww everyone's got such great plans (or lack of plans) my plans are to work :icon_sad:I'll try to get into some partieswhen I can I think lol

14. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't really have any plans~! The only thing I can think of right now is that my friend will be taking me to New York to see some plays~!~! He's paying (I mean his dad is paying) for like the food and hotel and stuff like that, so I'm happy~! ^.^ I'll add more if I can figure what else I'm doing XD

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not much, like always. My grandmother canceled her usual Thanksgiving feast when Obama won the election - she's the "senior citizen white racist southerner", and she's still in a pout. My aunts aren't driving all the way down here for one day, so Thanksgiving is going to be just me, my sister, and my parents.

For Christmas, my entire family comes over. Or my mom's side at least, we barely even keep contact with my dad's side. My two aunts (and possibly their partners) are definitely coming down, my maternal grandparents are likely to come over, and we have a huge lunch on Christmas day. The 24th is spent with everyone hopping all over the place, either setting up a bed at our place or renting a hotel room for the night. It's crazy, but it's the only time we're all in the same place at once, and my mom's side of the family is where I get my sense of humor from. God they make me laugh so hard (and they're some of the only ones who can get that out of me).

16. Apocalypte

Study.
    Study.
    Study.
    Study.
    Study.
    Study.
    Study.
    Go to Kamelot on March 22.
    Study.
    Study.
    Study.

Final year of college sucks large hairy balls.

17. Linkmaste

Well now is the time to get all of our projects handed in and finished so I'm left with work, maybe a Christmas get together and I'm probably planning with my aunt for the family gettogether. Lose one family member and gain three...two of them kids...oh boy.

Plus I'm gunna start my soccer program again after taking three months off. It doesnt sound like much but I'm bouncing off the walls and need something to do.

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much nothing. Christmas Day will be a fmily thing - lunch with the small family unit, and then a couple of hours with the extended family where I will undoubtedly be asked about 43587325346 questions about what my results were like. Other than that, and whatever Minus18 things come up, I'm planning to slack off for the summer, because for about the first time I can remember, I have nothing to do.

19. Matty

I get out of my fall semester December 12 and do not go back until January 19. I am going to be possibly working part time (the job market is scarce, so maybe not). I'll be spending time taking voice lessons, yoga classes, and preparing for my transfer auditions. I may visit New York City and fly out to visit my family down south.

20. Nixon

waiting for march
    can't wait till 16
    and get my tt