1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everthing LGBT and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kai397, Apr 29, 2015.

1. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It has come to my understanding that there are people who are willing to destroy other peoples lives just because the other person is different from them.
    In Florida they are trying to pass an anti-transgender law that makes people use the bathroom of there biological sex.
    In the us the supreme court saw a case to allow same-sex marriage in all 50 states.
    I dont know why but all this makes me have lots of mixed emotions.
    What does this make you guys feel and why?

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of it is frustrating. Between what people think, how they were raised, and the laws and freedoms we lack in this country.

3. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's just so weird, especially in the U.S., they call themselves country of freedom, but apparently only to some people that fit their mind.
    I'm just angry that we're living in 2015, and this kind of things happen everywhere. I don't except people to understand everything, I just want respect for everyone.

4. pde

pde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel like this would solve so many problems (although probably not as much as I'd like to think)

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I very much disagree. Try to take away my grandmother's right to vote, even though she votes the direct opposite of me (economically), and I'd be really pissed off.
    Rather, this kind of bigoted policy should be constitutionally outlawed, and MPs, gov. officials, etc., who proposes this kind of policy should be instantly sacked with a life-long ban from all politics.

Concerning the thread, this kind of stuff really gets me riled up. Fortunately, I live in Sweden. For now, at least, if any government official tried to do this, they'd be politically lynched and bye-byed. However, there is a new leader for the Christian Democrats, thankfully a small party, who wants to do away with women's right to abortion. And we have the Sweden Democrats on the rise, an extremely islamophobic, nationalist, anti-immigration party with Nazi roots. They are the second largest party according to recent polls, and growing.

Also, in Norway, Fremskrittspartiet, 'The Progress Party' ( :bang: ) have outlawed beggars. This is only miles away from me, and I hate it.

6. tscott

I have to say as frustrating all of this seems it is a grand thing it is even being discussed. Not too long ago these were non-issues. We were lucky to live in a state that didn't outlaw certain sex acts. We are being impatient about our current situation. Those that oppose us know the battle's lost in the court of public opinion. It's taken us decades to achieve what's been achieved. We're now on to trans issues. You're living in dynamic times.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Certainly we are. I am however, uninclined to accept the status quo of discrimination regardless if this seems to be changing. It is an abomination, a smeer on the face of humanity, and ought to be forever outlawed and rightly punishable.
    I do not value patience as a virtue higher than justice.

8. tscott

Please do not misread my intent...we are moving forward...and, yes, it takes time...but it in no way means that I take a passive role in accepting injustice...the fight continues...it does not, however, proceed at the pace we desire.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

No, it's slow, very slow, in some places actually moving backwards...
    I did not misread your intent in that way. At least not entirely.
    It may proceed quicker, if we stand united. We are the majority.