1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Nostalgic Do You Feel About Your Youth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foz, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Foz

Foz Guest

Well as some may have guessed the answer for me is very! Even though many not so nice things happened I would give anything to relive my teenage years, it really was the easy life and it was fun! The all-nighters at sleepover, the dicking about (3 man catapult comes to mind!) and they way things were just better back then. Even though I couldn't wait to get out, I do rather miss school.

And stuff like this has a big nostalgia trigger!
    [YOUTUBE]uamh1l_tmeI[/YOUTUBE]

2. BehindTheAura

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 17, but I miss being carefree like in my early years of 8-12.
    I mean after that, I got accepted into college at 14, started middle school, high school, college etc, and I just really lost that fun / carefree aspect as I'm always busy now.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot. Mostly when I was very young and carefree. I don't love my life right now.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not very much. I don't remember a lot. I miss being carefree and not worrying about the world and all the problems.

If we're talking in terms of my teenaged/highschool years which I'm just finishing up, not at all. They sucked and I can remember very few good moments. In all they were simply mediocre with very few outstanding events.

5. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    still young :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Only 20 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. MisterTinkles

I would definitely love to go back to the 1970's, knowing what I know now.
    Not so much for nostalgia, but to just not be the sheltered putz I was....to get out and do things and meet people.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite a bit. There are many things I miss...

8. Jellal

What I miss most of all were the friends who lived close to me and the times we spent together. I dream about those days frequently.

9. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    26 and very Nostalgic

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really depends on how content I am. On days where I'm not so happy, I am quite nostalgic.

11. Joelouis

I miss all the people I knew at school and often wonder what they are doing now and how their lives have turned out.
    I have contacted a few of them but it doesn't seem the same somehow. It was like seeing someone you know, yet a stranger at the same time.

The person I miss the most was my form teacher Mr Hill. He was a friend to all of us and he really went out of his way to fight my corner when I needed a friend.
    He fell ill after I left school and I just hope he is still alive and well.

12. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Maybe it's because I'm still fairly young, but I honestly don't miss anything at all about those years. I was such a spineless little twat. If I could travel back in time and meet the old me, I would chew him out so hard. Plus I used to loathe how every single aspect of your life was decided for you by someone else. And the rules. So many fucking rules for everything... No wonder I turned out so unruly.

You know what? Upon further reflection, going back to my younger years sounds like the stuff of nightmares for me. Hell no I don't miss anything.

13. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many things about the 90s I miss.

14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends how you define youth. I wouldn't relive my teen years on a bet, but my college years and my twenties were really something. I would say as far as that goes I am more nostalgic than most people my age.

15. Psaurus918

I loved most things about my childhood and wish I could go back to those days but I definitely wouldn't want to do MS/HS again

16. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I miss my childhood. Some things just aren't the same anymore, but I'm happy living the life of a teenager close to adulthood.

17. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Extremely. No health issues, no worrying about coming out, no responsibility... I'm constantly watching movies and tv shows from my childhood. It reminds me of the good old days.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None. I had less responsibility as a kid, but less capacity to handle it so I was equally as stressed if not more so for a little while. I don't miss not being able to reach things high up, drive my own car, get higher rated games or movies (which I always had a taste for) without an adult , or not having the incredible world we do today in contrast to the late 90s-early 2000s. Heck, I don't miss lacking the understanding and skills I have now, as little income as they may get me.

It's fun to look back and see how different everything was a decade or two ago (I remember DYING in school research assignments without the internet), but every stage of life has its place and experiences to discover.

#18 Argentwing, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  19. Gandee

Gandee Guest

No, I don't really want to remember. I prefer the now and the future. I still occasionally have nightmares about my teenage years. Oh the unholy exams.

But like MisterTinkles said, if there was a ticket to my high school year, I would take it. Not out of nostalgia, but to no longer be a goody-two-shoes who always listened to the teachers. I want to get crazy, get rebellious. I want to walk away when a teacher start talking shit that doesn't help a student's esteem. I want to flip the finger. And I want to punch the faces of some annoying prats. I wouldn't give so much shit about fitting in because those people who I was studying with? They was gonna go their seperate ways anyway. I also want to be able to say: "what girlfriend? My boyfriend is a badads"...sure maybe I would get suspended for two weeks, but so what? I was a smart kid and I could pull the grade without teachers' help.

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

Childhood was a lovely period though...when I was a kid sometimes I would think:"wow, am so happy"

20. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would never want to go back to my childhood or my teens. The independence I have as an adult is worth every tiny bit of stress that comes with adult responsibilities.