1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Non Europeans... Can you tell where is where on map?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by White Knight, Apr 30, 2015.

1. White Knight

Okay I went with easier challenge and provide you Europe map.

[​IMG]

So which countries you know by name?

Which countries you can point out on map?

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Spain, Italy, Greece, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Poland, Portugal, Czech, Austria, England, Scotland...um that's all.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not many the boot is Italy. France is to the north west of Italy. From France, Spain is the big one on the southwest and Germany is northeast. The lower part of the island north of France is England. I believe the heel of the boot points to Greece but not sure. Other than that I'm lost.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Starting at the top from the left: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

The United Kingdom consists of: England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Then, there's the rest of Ireland.

Down near the bottom, at the left: Portugal, which connects to Spain, which borders with France, which borders with Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. The Netherlands is situated between Belgium and Germany. Denmark is above Germany, and Austria below it.

Monaco is around the southern shore, too, somewhere.

Poland, which borders Kalingrad (which is part of Russia) and Belarus, and the Czech Republic border Germany. Slovakia borders the Czech Republic, The Ukraine, and Hungary. Romania borders Hungary and Moldova, as well as Bulgaria to the south. Greece and Turkey border Bulgaria. Cyprus is below Turkey, as an island.

The Baltic states are Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, with Lithuania at the bottom, Latvia in the middle, and Estonia right below Finland.

Then you come to the Balkans, which is where I start to slip. Croatia is at the top, Serbia is on the right, near Romania and Bulgaria, Albania is on the coast near Greece, Macedonia is situated between Bulgaria and Albania, while Kosovo is above that. Bosnia and Montenegro are the other two, but I forget what the formal name of Bosnia is, it has another name to it, starts with a H.

Russia is at the far right, that huge piece of land. Below it is Georgia and Armenia, with South Ossetia (contested) and Azerbaijan in there as well.

Thank you, World War II, for helping me with, like, 80% of these. It'd be easier if numbers were assigned to the countries, then I could list them, instead of a semi-confusing tour, LOL.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone ever noticed that Finland and Sweden together look like a penis? No? Just me? Alright then.

6. Gandee

Gandee Guest

7. luminescence

I can only name out Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Ukraine, Lithuania, Italy, England, Estonia, Greece, Wales, Scotland, Germany, Poland, Denmark, yeah that's about it.

I can only point out everything in Asia gahh

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd do a lot better if the map were colored. I can't tell what is what... >.>

9. Gandee

Gandee Guest

The thing about the Baltic states is that I think of them as one...can't tell who the buns and who the hot dog.

10. tscott

I'm good with Western Europe and the better known Eastern states, but poor with the many of the former Soviet states and what was once Yugoslavia. I can name many of them, but would be unable to locate them exactly.

11. lemons123

I know you said non-europeans, so I will be cheating as I am from eastern europe but just btw: I can name all of them, except for this thing over Poland? I don't mean Kaliningrad, but the small "thing" above Poland 0_0.

Other than that: all of them...Belarus, Serbia, Albania, Moldova etc., I can name them.

PS: Your map lacks Monaco and San Marino :slight_smile:.

12. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In alphabetical order...

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.

I'll also include Corsica, Gibraltar, Sardinia, Sicily, and Kazakhstan.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I believe that's just the ocean boundary for that area.

14. White Knight

Hah your age shows. :grin:

I have same problem with many "new" countries as well. Know the names but don't know where are they exactly. Same with Asian ex-USSR countries.

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2015 at 04:11 PM ----------

For you my dear friend...

[​IMG]

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I say this as a geography nerd but nations and capitals are easy - naming the administrative divisions within them is the hard part, since people don't generally learn the ones outside of the nation they reside in.

16. Acm

Acm Guest

I know them all by name, and I can point out most of them on a map, except for some of the smaller ones that are clustered together.

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, judge me. :lol:

[​IMG]

18. NamesNotJake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yep, I memorized all of the Euro countries.
    Africa on the other hand still gives me trouble though.

19. White Knight

Wait is that Mal under Greece means Malta?

If so that is the only fault on your naming countries.

Malta is near Italy... Island very close to Boot is Sicily. The tiny weird colored fat spot under it is Malta.

If you are (which I believe it is all my misunderstanding. A person who's so into history and cultures might know it already) refering biggest yellow island it is Crete(Girit).

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, except for knowing which of the 3 Baltics (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) are which, knowing which is which of the various countries (Croatia, Slovenia, etc. - but I can find Dubrovnik!) that were formed out of the former Yugoslavia, and knowing the ones east of the Black Sea, such as Georgia, Armenia, etc. with any accuracy. I know that Armenia touches Iran, though.

Heck, if you gave me a map of Istanbul, I think I could pick out the Beyoglu district! Since lemons123 mentioned Monaco and San Marino, perhaps we can add Andorra. *wink*