1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made the wrong decision

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justinian20

I know I said I would be gone for two years, but I can't do it. I feel I still need the support of the EC community to help me get through this period of my life. I am feeling so incredibly lonely and it's hard to deal with so I've made the decision to come back. Yes I know it hasn't been two years, but I believe until I can move out my parents house and live in my own house, well then I don't stand a chance trying to get a boyfriend as some of you know my parents don't accept me.

So hello again EC I am back after realizing that I still need the support of this forum.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Somebody get that man a medal.

Anyway, it's nice to see you back. What'd you do during your short absence?

3. Justinian20

I tried to talk to this new friend of whom is also gay, I thought I could survive just talking to him and trying to network through him, but I sort of needed someone to talk to about more serious stuff. To help give me advice. I didn't do much, but I really did try and all that happened was it turned out I made another online friend, who I occasionally see in the real world.

4. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's true...EC is addictive loll :lol:

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That sounds like some progress.

Why can't you talk about serious things to this other person?

6. Justinian20

I want a friend (gay) who I can see in the real world to talk to and discuss things with. Network with. I thought it might work with this current guy but it didn't. It's all in my plan to help me get a boyfriend as one story I notice is that people who love each other meet each other through friends including gay guys as well. It's all very similar no matter the sexuality. So the plan is to make a couple of gay friends who I can network with and become really good friends with, then they might invite me to parties and social events and the like and I might then meet a guy in these situations.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

As someone who was famous for going AWOL, the best way to leave something is never to say good bye at all :wink:

Anyway, welcome back :slight_smile:

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That is definitely one way of going about it. But be careful your quest for a boyfriend doesn't overshadow being a friend, and that you don't use others to find love. I don't suspect you intentionally mean to do this, but it can still happen, and I want to mention that possibility.

9. Justinian20

He doesn't actually talk much I feel like I'm rambling on and on and then he like posts a one word answer like cool. But he is actually incredibly nice. In fact I really think he would help if he wasn't such a busy boy.

10. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I second what Kaiser said.
    And you probably have heard this before: be content with your own company. That doesn't mean you have to give up on finding a boyfriend. You can be happy single while wanting a relationship at the same time. That how I deal with life now.

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

welcome back handsome...
    sounds like you actually made a human connection out there. Even its just one person its still nice tho...

12. nohalos

Yay, welcome back!

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really want to take a break from EC, you might have to progressively reduce how much you use it. Next time you should take a little walk, to think, before you decide to make announcements such as "I'm taking a 2 year break" xD Anyway, I read that you tried the best you could. I'm glad you're back.

14. Ivy Saint

Ivy Saint Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It's not that addictive,but it's cool

15. Justinian20

I guess maybe that was a little too dramatic.

16. Gandee

Gandee Guest

It's okay, I've been the exact situation before in another forum :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Except I didn't create my own thread, just a random post early in the morning...and had the mod send me a long and winding PM about how immature I acted while represented herself on a higher moral ground. Oh that definitely sealed the deal and I never look back :roflmao:

17. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to this realization. Eric was not the only one who saw this coming. I have tried to leave online forums several times, and I hope that I have finally learned that I simply can't/won't do it voluntarily.

My advice is that when you feel a need to try to leave, just leave. No drama of the good-bye post. If 2-6 months go by and you feel it needs to be much longer, maybe then post to let people know what's up...or don't.

Anyway, welcome "back"!

18. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A little, sure. Nothing compared to some things I've done =P It isn't a big deal though. I'm just happy to see you around, even if I'm more of a sidelines kinda guy... usually.

19. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah...saw this coming :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.