1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnotherQueer, May 3, 2015.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want to get some ideas and stories for how you may have met your friends, what they are like, how you like to meet friends, and what you believe a friend is. Don't be shy! :slight_smile:

2. Lyana

This is cute. I don't know why, this just gives me more of the fuzzy feelings than even a "How did you meet your crush/partner?" Apologies for the length.

I met my best friend the evening before the first day of high school. I was new to the region; she knew most people, but had had bad experiences with bullying. So we were both alone. I walked into the entrance hall and smiled at her, she smiled back... And we started talking. She's such a genuinely nice person that I loved her right off the bat.
    Fun fact: she has such a thick accent that at first, I didn't understand a word of what she was saying -- but she was saying it so nicely that I liked her anyway.
    We ended up living in the same room for two years (boarders) and having each other's back during the suckiest moments of high school. We don't live together anymore (right now there's an ocean between us), but we manage. We make efforts to see each other as often as possible -- even if that's only a few times a year.

Actually, I've met most of my friends in class, whether that's university or school. Probably because it's easier to spend time with people when you're always in the same building!
    I still keep in touch with friends from school, friends I haven't lived in the same country as since we were ten years old, and every time we see each other (even when it's every five years) is just like meeting a friend all over again. I love these people so much. They're all very, very different. I have a friend who's like the mirror image of myself, whom I admire so much. I have a friend who's quirky and hilarious and sweet. I have a friend who's sensitive and so, so strong.

What is a friend? Someone I love and who loves me and whom I love spending time with and whom I feel comfortable talking to and with whom I've had some memorable experiences and who I can always count on to have my back. I've always been the type to have few friends (not a crowd), but close, strong, and lasting friendships.

3. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my very best friend in Preschool summer church, we've been best friends ever since. My other best friend I only met this year, through theatre at our school. The rest of my friends I've met throughout the years in classes and summer camps.