1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car lovers and automobile enthusiast's unite please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jackofalltrades, May 3, 2015.

1. Jackofalltrades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've talked with a few people on here who love cars and motor sports and i was just wondering if there are any other people out there. So yea what are your favorite car manufacturers and or types of racing like nasacar or formula 1 or who is your favorite car related publication?

2. Spacewalker

Here Here *raises hand*
    I absolutely love Eleanor from the movie 'Gone in 60 seconds'. If I'll ever have the chance of driving it I'm so gonna do it!!!!
    And I'm a huge fan of Harleys:grin:
    Oh and Fiat 500. The old one ofc. My dad has one.... half of one actually. Idk what he's doing with this niicceee car

3. juliegt6

I like cars and have worked on them longer than I've been able to drive.

I actually like a lot of English makes. I currently own two Jaguars, an XJR and an XKR, and have loved the GT qualities of each. They've also been very cheap to run and fairly easy to work on. Very reliable cars.

I've been looking at a few different cars to replace my XKR down the road. I've been looking at early Aston Martin DB9s, early Bentley Continental GTs and late Lotus Esprit 4cyl Turbo cars (Turbo SE, S4, S4S). The Lotus is more raw sports car, but I really like them!

I've owned a Corvette before too, and really like Corvettes, but if I got another one I want a 63-67 or a brand new C7. Fast, fun, cheap, reliable. The interiors are getting better and better each generation lately too. Not great tweet, but leagues ahead of what they've been producing since 68.

4. AAASAS

Jeep is my favourite manufacturer just because they're beasts, then Range Rover. A wrangler is my dream vehicle.

As for cars go, I like Nissan's and VW's.

As for cars I'll never be able to afford, Nissan Skyline GTR, or Mercedes AMG SLR are my absolute dream cars. For some reason I like Rolls Royces Phantoms; haha would love to have a driver drive me around in one of those things.

5. Psaurus918

I've worked around exotic cars over the last couple years. I worked for a couple car rallies and help with a couple events here in the northeast.

My favorite car right now is the Porsche 918 (hence my user name)

6. ZenMusic

I've loved cars for as long as I can remember. My favourite manafacturers are Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Mclaren. My favourite cars are the Zonda Cinque, the Agera R, the Huayra, the One-77, LaFerrari, and the Vantage.

7. timo

Yes.

I mostly like Italian, British and French cars. Favourite brands - Lancia, Alfa Romeo, MG Rover (back when it still existed). Old Citroëns are amazing too.

I drive a Rover 200 myself. Or better said, used to drive. It's in my parents' driveway with a broken clutch. Still in doubt if I want to have it fixed, or if I'm going to sell it for almost nothing.

I miss the Peugeot I used to have, a 306 S16. Was a 20-year-old hatchback but it was so fucking fast. Really want to drive something like that again, old hot hatchbacks are my favourite type of car.

8. MisterTinkles

Hmmm, wasn't this thread already created previously? Just wondering.

I like vehicles.
    Some of my fav brands are Bugatti, Lamborghini, Lincoln, Aston Martin, and Maserati.

I like some other types as well. I love the Kia Soul and the Land Rover Evoque, and the 2016 Titan.

#8 MisterTinkles, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  9. Psaurus918

I finally got to sit in a Huayra a couple weeks ago. What a beautiful interior far better than the Agera.

Unfortunately the Zonda isn't legal in the states however a friend of a friend has one in LA

10. ZenMusic

Sadly, nearly all of these cars are sold out ( I didn't know that the Seven-Seven in One-77 meant seventy seven cars would be made.) I can get a Vantage when I'm older though.

11. Psaurus918

Yeah. I've only seen one One-77. They Porsche 918 is limited to 918, the McLaren P1 375, and the LaFerrari only 499.

Ferrari was very picky with selecting who they were gonna sell to. I have a friend that's getting his delivered late this summer and he said you had to be a long time loyal customer. First they only wanted to sell to people who had F40, F50, Enzo in their collection but started taking orders if you had a "satisfactory" collection.

12. ZenMusic

Hopefully they still have the F12 Berlinetta in stock by the time I'm old enough to drive.

13. Foz

Foz Guest

Yay! I belong here :grin: I have a reasonable 4 car dream list I'm working my way through -

2007 Subaru Forester STI
    2004 Aston Martin DB9
    1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R
    1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS

I've already got the Subaru, so only 3 to go :grin:
    My Absolute dream car would be a Mercedes Mclaren SLR, it just looks the business and sounds the absolute tits with that supercharger scream! I'm not such a fan of all the new 'electronic this and that' cars, I've driven a few Aston's, Ferrari's and Porsche's at various track experiences and by far the most disappointing was a 2012 Nissan GT-R. Jesus, it's so bloody quick but I just felt so 'removed' from the experience versus say a GT3 or F430 which it's meant to rival.

Having a good time driving is much more than just lap times.