1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English c/w help :P = personal narrative

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by atofu, Nov 25, 2008.

1. atofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    hiya ^_^

okay, we are basically writing a story of an event that occured in our life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i've already done a first draft and i just need help on a few things:
    1. my teacher says i need a better word, can you please help me think of one? or should i just leave this line out of the story:
    - it was all amazing.
    (^ i was talking about my new house lol)

-walking
    ^ i was walking towards the tv, like i was hypnotised..is there a word for this?

2. and another quick one, does this make sense:
    - I gallivanted around the living room, scanning my surroundings. Something caught my eye.

thank-you
    atofu

2. tm74

tm74 Guest

A few thoughts...

If you're hypnotised, you're in a trace, or trance-like state. so maybe the line could be something like "I was drawn towards the TV in a trance like state"

Hope that helps...

3. If you're talking about a new house, use a descriptor that actually says something. Use a word that makes you picture something specific in your head. "It was so amazing" can describe anything from cars to clouds to feelings. But for example, "The house was filled with bright, shiny new electronics and everything smelled like plastic wrapping" actually says something specific. I don't know what you want to say about your new house, but be specific as you can.

As for hypnotized, tm74 said it well. Pulled or drawn both work, I think.

4. musican

other than what tm74 said I can only add dazed or in a daze