1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A coming out update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ApexxShadow, May 4, 2015.

1. ApexxShadow

Before you read this I recommend reading my coming out story here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/174402-my-coming-out-experience.html

Anyways..shit got real with my mom. Yesterday, (sunday) my dad and I had to drive 2 hours to my grandparents to escape my mom. She was crazy. She was screaming at us on the phone and threatened to take me away. She's lost it. Thank god for my dad and grandparents tho. My brother's really mad at my dad for removing me from the situation, but it's okay.

To summarize what happened, here's a short timeline:

Yesterday:

So, I was sitting down eating with my dad and my mom started to go off on me. She was very rude about my gender and pronouns and invalidates my gender.

My dad defends me and my mom literally starts screaming her head off at him. We defend each other and my mom storms out. My dad tells me to pack up so we can go to my grandparents (again.) We packed up and left. My mom kept calling my dad and screaming at him.

Anyways, we get there and my mom calms down. She's all happy now and shit. My dad tells her that we're not coming home tomorrow (today) and she flips and starts blaming her problems on me and accusing my dad of brainwashing me.

Tonight:

I call my mom to say goodnight. She starts telling me that I have to patient with her being 'supportive.' She starts telling me that I have to come to her because she wants me to? And then she wants to go on a trip with me.

Anyways, she wants to talk to my dad. My mom flips out on him and starts accusing him of shit. Then she wants to talk to me. I refuse but my dad forces me to listen. She starts being hostile to me and saying that I'm the cause of the problems between us. She goes on and I finally shut her up. She talks to my dad.

She starts getting nasty with him and calling him names. My dad calmly deals with her. Now, my mom's getting hysterical, and name calling both of us. She hangs up and fucking flips out on us. She calls us and screams at us then hangs up. I had to block her number. I'm keeping most details private for privacy reasons, and it's hard for me to talk about.

Right now, I'm at my grandparents. I'm baffled and feeling like shit. In all honesty, I'm happy she's probably out of my life. I'm just worried about my brother..

Idk. I'm just..idk I feel really lonely.

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry you have to deal with all this Tacox, You are very strong for putting up with all this, Just know that you have my 100% support and I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to. (*hug*)

3. ApexxShadow

Thank you so so much ❤️

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're welcome! :slight_smile:

5. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've read your coming out experience and to be honest, I'm really thankful that I didn't have the same issue with my parents when I came out to them, because if I were in the same situation as you, I would've gone insane. You're really a strong person and you have such a wonderful dad and brother. I'm sorry about you and your mom. I hope things will get better between the two of you.

6. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! How are you holding up? I'm glad your dad is there for you, he sounds like a really good father. Can you call your brother and explain to him that it's a good thing your dad removed you from that situation? Your mother was being very abusive towards both you and your dad, and some distance is a good thing right now.

Your mother sounds like she has a difficult time dealing with your gender identity and sexual orientation, but that gives her no right to call you names and abuse you like that. She should seek help for her anger issues. Her behavior is definitely not acceptable!

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. :frowning2: Do you have friends from school you can talk with online? Can you call your brother and talk with him? I think your mom might get over this yet, but it will take her time.

I hope all of this blows over soon. You can message me on my wall if you need someone to talk to! (*hug*)

7. ApexxShadow

Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it. Hopefully my dad and I can move out soon.

8. ApexxShadow

I appreciate all your support greatly <3

9. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you have to deal with this BS. Hopefully you'll take it for what it is, melodramatic drama from your mother, and not be too moved by it. I hope the best for you in the future. I'm confident you can overcome all the crap!!! :slight_smile:

10. ApexxShadow

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

11. ApexxShadow

Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot <3

12. ApexxShadow

I'd just like to say thank you for all your support everyone. Here's another update:

So my brother is super mad at my dad. I may have to go back down to my house and deal with my mom..