1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much exercise do you get?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaEsmeralda, May 5, 2015.

1. LaEsmeralda

I consider myself quite an active person. I do 3 to 4 hours of walking per week, most of it uphill. I have two dogs so I'm responsible for their fitness as well as my own. I've been skipping it this week though due to uni deadlines... :frowning2:

But this is only a recent thing. For the first twenty years of my life I did none, and I mean none :eek: I used to get a lift to the shop which is about 2 minutes away. I was seriously, seriously unfit.

How about you guys?

Do you think you get enough?

Would you like to do more but haven't got round to it?

Or do you just hate it altogether?

2. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I do a lot of walking, actually. It's the only way to get exercise I actually like, besides dancing. I used to run just because I liked it, but I've gotten lazier in the past few years.

3. Spacewalker

I'm trying to go outside with my bike every day and just ride some km's. I was actually thinking about whether to start running again. But I guess I'm just too exhausted in the evening to also go running. I'd like to do more tho.

4. Hiems

I run about an hour every morning on the treadmill. I kinda got lazy the past few months because of being exhausted from school and work.

Now that it's the summer where I have some free time, I'm trying to get into the habit, and hopefully integrating it better into my Fall/Spring schedule this time around.

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not as much as I should. I may be very thin, but it's not because I'm in good shape. I like to go for bike rides and play frisbee and badminton, but it's been a while since I've done those things -_-

6. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm trying to get into the habit of taking a walk/jog around my neighborhood but the problem is I haven't actually gotten to it yet. I could always do the treadmill or elliptical but I think having a walk outside would be better for me as I (unfortunately) don't go outside too often and walking also helps to jog my mind.

On the other hand, I'm getting into weightlifting and I think, realistically speaking, I might do 30 minutes every other day and try to work it up from there 'cause I'm weak as a feather. lol

7. LiquidSwords

Between rugby, gym, running and cycling I'd say average 7-8 hrs medium/high intensity

Since I started my new job though it's dropped way down :icon_sad: need to get back into it

8. Joelouis

I walk a lot while listening to my iPod.
    I also walk my friends' dogs with her.

I do like to take my mountain bike out at least once a week as well.

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I workout for an hour 2-4 days a week depending on my motivation levels. Things like resistance training. I play football, run, and cycle other days - but I do those things because I enjoy them, whereas I mostly do resistance training because I like the results.

Oh, and I do walk a lot. I usually clock over 10,000 steps a day - which is actually an easy thing to do.

10. Dark Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't exercise for the sake of exercise, but I am pretty active, though. I walk ~3 miles to get to work one way (~6 miles every day I work) and my job is pretty active, having to walk and be on my feet all day and lifting up to ~30lbs.

11. Aster

Does walking from the couch to the fridge count?

Seriously though, I do random amounts of exercise throughout the week and don't really keep track. I also have at least two P.E. lessons at school per week to add on top of that.

12. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My job involves a lot of running...

13. Formality

I work out almost every day, mostly long distance running but I throw in some intervals, body weight workouts and agility/jumping workouts to get that bounce in my stride.

At the moment I'm just getting into my vibram five fingers and my calves are killing me so I can only run about 10 mins each time every other day. It's gonna take a few month to get used to the new running technique and build the right muscles in my feet and legs to run long distances. The goal is to run a half marathon in them at the end of the summer.

14. Harve

Not nearly enough anymore.

When I get back to the UK I'll be back into it. I promise.

15. C P

C P

Outside of work, I probably walk ~ 25-30 hours a week, so... :lol:

I tend to go for a walk for a few hours every evening/night, around town/through the bike trail/wherever. Part of that is to do with the fact that I am not currently on the road myself, but I still would rather walk than, say, catch the bus(during the day).

I've always been a huge walker.

16. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

here is my routine for the past 12 weeks

Mon : Weighlifting
    Tue : Cardio
    Wed : Weightlifting and Cardio
    Thu : Weightlifting
    Fri : Cardio
    Sat : Weightlifting
    Sun : Rest

my cardio is vary from simple Treadmill, Cycling, Interval Training Treadmill, Cross-Trainer

Different body parts for each weightlifting day

trying to get better shape so i can attract guys
    but so far still girls, dont know whats wrong tho

17. guitar

I try for 4-5 hours a week. It gets hard with work, social life and everything else. At my peak I was going for about 3 hours a day which is just overkill and impossible to maintain that level of fitness. I do a little bit of everything, cardio, weight training, yoga, etc.

18. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well durring the summer I was a lot more active, although I was never SUPPPER active? haha I would walk and enjoyed hiking and jogging and lived to ride my bike! I live in a very beautiful state haha(I live downtown :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) well anyways, that was when I had my phone and could go where I wanted, and talk on the phone and text and watch Netflix...now I must stay at home if I want to watch Netflix or talk and text Via FaceTime and Messenger! So I blame my mother for having taken away my phone! Haha jk it's totally my fault O.O

19. MetalRice

None, largely because of my heart.

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...I work out 3 days a week for about 15 minutes and then I normally do kung fu for an hour twice a week.