1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about future

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, May 6, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys,

Want to know your views.

Do you have thoughts at times, wondering how you will be in the future (eg 10 yrs time) and worried what is going to be your state?

I always feel apprehensive about myself, because based on the current negative aspects in my life, I feel my future won't be bright as all.

Sometimes, I feel life is very worthless.

If you have such thoughts, how do you overcome them?

2. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi... I feel like this sometimes, wondering we're I'm going and indeed, where I will be the future.
    I know it's a common cliche but I think we just have to be positive. You are certainly not worthless, and to help myself, and how you should help yourself, is focus on your achievements. However minor they may seem to be, we've all achievements.

Also, have you helped someone when they're feel down, have you reassured someone, and/or have you simply made someone smile. That someone may be really thankful of you being around, more than you realise. (*hug*)

3. White Knight

For me living/life conjures picture of sea whenever I think about it.

Just like entering water if you worry too much that water is cold and chicken out only thing left in your hands is shivers and unseated want for swimming. If you let yourself into water you get used to it and in no time you will be swimming, enjoying sea.

What I am trying to say is one way or another we all have worries about future... our future or other's future.

You are worrying where you end up 10 years later? Why don't you think/worry about it 10 years later?

Life has some basic rules... if your stomach is full, if you have a roof over your head and some people you know you can trust... you have something many people are starving for.

Another thing I use to go on is thinking about people less fortunate than me. There are people fighting with incureable diseases, there are people who took it worse than me, there are people who started with disadvantages...

Worrying and planning ahead is good as long as those are only things you do and hinders your ability to live.

Hope this makes sense and give you somethings to ponder.

4. HugasaurusRex

I try not to think about the future if I can help it, otherwise my anxiety will get the better of me and I will end up falling back into the state of depression I have been fighting for the last 15 years. But when I do think about the future I can not see myself even being alive in 10 years let alone where I will be if I was to be alive. But if the plans I do have (very few of them) go how I want them to, I imagine I will be working for the RSPCA.

The way I manage to get out of thinking like that is to tell people how I am feeling. Or more often than not I push it to the back of my mind and pave over it, fogetting the problem while remembering it.

#4 HugasaurusRex, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's often hard not to look at the future as this big scary thing looming in front of you that you have to deal with. Whenever I feel that way, I try to think of this quote by Emily Dickinson: Forever is composed of nows.
    The future may seem scary, but no matter what comes it's not any different than how life is right now, just taking one moment at a time.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have lived long enough to know that all of yesterday's predictions about the future, and the associated worries, fears and anxieties that these predictions caused have usually proven to be overblown or completely and utterly wrong; only to be replaced by completely unpredictable events (9-11 comes to mind).

The moral of this is that we only have today, and that is where all of our focus and mental energy should be.

Try this exercise: sit in a room and worry for five minutes. After you're done, consider what has changed...

7. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have stopped trying to imagine where I will be in 10 years cause I can't see myself anywhere even in a year. It has been like this for years now and somehow all these years have passed and I've made it so far. I try to live in a moment, which can be hard at times. When encountering problems I often ask myself if it matters in a year from now.

8. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'll be perfectly fine in the future. I think the only regret I will have is trying to grow up to fast because I've always been like that. Even now I'm 21 and most people my age are out drinking partying and having fun but I'm working over 12 hours a day trying to focus on my family and future. So the only regret I have is growing up to fast but I look back and even think about how other people my age are doing and where they are at in life and I realize I have way more than they do and have accomplished way more than they have so its all worth it in the end