1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love when this happens

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jediknight36, May 6, 2015.

1. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So looking at me, I look mostly masculine. But talk to me on the phone, and I pass as either a male or female. I absolutely love it when Im mistaken for a female. Its like a little admission of the fluidity that is me. Just something that happened today that made me happy.

2. Lawlett

Lawlett Guest

A similar thing happened to me today at work. Currently, as I am still largely closeted and having to pretend to be female in every day life, people regard me as a girl. *grimace*

But... when ignorant strangers are concerned, things get more interesting. I always hope when someone is referring to me that they "mistake" me for a guy. It just feels very satisfying. And you know, it's kind of funny, since even when I'm not "trying" to be masculine, 8/10 times people think I'm male. If that doesn't tell you something I don't know what will.

3. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So far it only happens over the phone, and its never really bothered me, but I always felt like I SHOULD be embarrassed. In fact, when I was in denial, I was embarrassed. But now that Im here and accepting these things about myself, I just enjoyed it.

---------- Post added 6th May 2015 at 03:54 PM ----------

hehehe just happened again!

4. Buttercup2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's awesome! I'm pretty jealous. I have a long way to go in training my voice, much less have a natural in-between one. Some people would probably be annoyed at being mistaken, but I'm so glad you get happiness from it!

5. DinelodiiGitli

That's awesome!
    Wish people 'mistook' me for male, I'd seriously love that.

6. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been mistaken for a girl before on the phone a number of times; I kinda like it, even though I'm not trans or anything.

7. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually dont think its anything I am doing. I just naturally slip into a voice that sounds like a female (I guess). I notice if I drink when I hear it, my voice will deepen again. What was funny was, when I was married, Id be mistaken for a woman and she would be mistaken for a male. Go fig.