1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life's Regrets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, May 8, 2015.

1. Joelouis

Do any of you here have any regrets regarding things you've done in life?
    Are there things you'd literally die to change? Maybe things you'd said - even in the heat of the moment arguments where you said something hurtful?

When I was a kid, I was a bastard in both senses of the term. My mum was an alcoholic and I despised her for it. I have a very strong memory and can recall whole conversations and events in amazing detail. One time, I asked my mum for money and wouldn't accept that she was broke and so I threw a stone at her and she walked off holding her back where it had hit her.

A friend owed me money and I slated him for it and said some cruel things about him. He became ill and this morning I got a phone call to say he had died.

Only now do I suddenly see how things work. When I think of when I was a kid and older people tried advising me, I so wish I'd listened.

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Some.(I'm by far too young to have major ones mind you)
    but in the end i have to accept that i can't change things.I've simply got to work with what i have and make the best of it.

---------- Post added 8th May 2015 at 08:42 PM ----------

also i'm sorry for what you wen't through.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Don't be too hard on yourself though(*hug*)

I was quite the hot tempered kid :lol: Sometimes I'd throw stuff too, including stones. Generally I tend to regret my actions more than my words.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Threads like this is where I thrive, but... I've bitched enough before, nobody wants to hear more, LOL.

5. randomly me

randomly me Guest

but EC is waiting for a glorious speech from the empress.

i bet your just too lazy to type that much again.=P

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I regret not telling one of my teachers in high school that I was gay. She was very much an ally and didn't stand for homophobic remarks from other kids. Looking back I bet she could have helped me in some way.

7. the haunted

I regret not being my normal, outgoing, optimistic, fun-loving self back in high school. I was an awful person. I was very depressed and angry at everyone.

Luckily, I eventually found medication that works for me. I'm sooo much better now! Took long enough... lol.

8. Joelouis

Away from EC, I dont "open up" to anyone and I'm often the one who tries to make things a little easier for those around me. It makes me feel really good inside!
    I lent my sister my car and it came back filthy and a parking ticket arrived through the post soon after, and so I didn't speak to her for four years.
    Financially at least, I've made up for the hurt I caused my mum and my sister.

I regret not trying harder to realise my dream of becoming a comedy sketch writer, though I'm sure there's still time. Getting a foot in the door is near impossible.

9. DinelodiiGitli

Many.
    But most are connected in some way to my mental issues so I won't go into them.

However one I can list is I regret eating 7+ cookies.

10. Bravesole

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I regret not speaking up when something happened to me when I was 11 .

11. HugasaurusRex

I used to think I had regrets, but as time went by I came to realise that I regret nothing in my life. My past is not who I am but that which helped me become who I am. Without the things that I did or said in the past I would never have learnt, I would never have become who I am today. Even to the point of my attempted suicide, I do not regret it, it aided me become me, who ever that may be.

12. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I regret feeling (I'm guilty of this now but I'm better and still working on it.)like I have to tailor my opinions and myself to meet the expectations of others. I never really got to express what I really thought or felt growing up. I think I would have more genuine friends now if I did.

Oh well that's how we learn!

13. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In all honesty, I regret feeling guilty for things for so long. I'd punish myself a lot for things that weren't that big of deal when I really shouldn't have. They've passed, I've apologized, and now I've got to move on.

14. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I regret never being able to be open and comfortable with myself earlier in life. This is not my regret but hope God regrets taking the love of my life who I been with for two years so full of life, hopes and dreams and everything else. Yeah I am moving on and dealing with it in a healthy way but I still somewhat resent God for taking a man who dedicated his life to him and death is what he got in return. IT was not his time even thought he believed going to heaven would be a gift well received even though he had many goals in life.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't live life with regrets.

16. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We can't regret, because we wouldn't be the people we are today without those things. You wouldn't have learned from the experience. Even if you feel terrible for a mistake you made, wouldn't it be better to learn from that mistake and never make it again than to not learn, and to make it again? But you have to brush it off, know that the past is past. The past doesn't matter, because you can change how you live in the future. And the future is ahead of you. If we are knee deep in regret, we can't notice the good, small things in life. So face your future with your chin up and open arms, friends! You can do it. And by it, I mean live. :slight_smile:

17. Lyana

I do have situations I look back on and think, Shit, you really shouldn't have done that, that was awful. After a certain event last year, I beat myself up over it for months. I felt sure the world would be a better place if I hadn't done it, and if you'd asked me then if I would die to change it, I would have said yes.

Now, though... I wouldn't. I think, if I'd never made a mistake, I wouldn't be the same person. I learned from the experience. It's part of what makes me who I am today, and I like who I am today.

18. Jellal

There's nothing that I would want to change about my past so badly that I would die for it.

I cycled through a list of regrets in my mind, and fortunately each of those regrets has taught me a lesson. If I didn't make those mistakes, I can say three things about me that would be true right now: I would see nothing wrong with continually asserting that I am smarter and better than other people. I would see nothing wrong with being incredibly greedy and always wanting more than I'm given. I would see nothing wrong with whining and complaining.

In some small ways my regrets, as much as they pain me to think about, have made me a more tolerable person to be around, and have provided me with a little peace of mind.

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have regrets about not socializing more in high school or with my peers, especially now that some are far away and others have died not too long ago. I wonder now if my friend circle would have been more secure if I had conversations with them instead of being the withdrawn recluse I was then. Maybe I would have been in the drama club and get a taste for theater early on (something I thought about going to college to study) or something like that, who knows.

Another is that I regret not coming out sooner, since quite a few people I knew from those days turned out to be loving allies and gave me nothing but good vibes and support. It makes me wonder if I could have transitioned my senior year and had an easier time getting by. I'm sure the evangelical kids would have given me a hard time, but it's something I think about too much for my own good.

20. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Once upon a time there was a girl who said quite a few things the morning after.
    I should have been honest with her back then.