1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so nervous!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starlights, May 8, 2015.

1. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    So my best friend has been trying to play matchmaker since I came out to her, and last week we went out with some of her work friends, including one girl who's out. Not a gay/lesbian bar or anything, just a regular bar and then later one of those lounge places where you have to get a table and everyone's either sitting on couches or dancing.

Anyways I met the other girl, but i ended up spending most of the time talking to this girl who's a friend of a friend...we both work in media, turns out she knows one of my college friends, and we both grew up in the same area. Small world...we both played soccer in HS and our teams even played each other. We just have a lot in common.

So...I had no idea she was bi and I had no reason to think she knew about me, either she asked my friend or my friend volunteered the info because she has a big mouth lol. Yesterday I got a text from her asking what I'm doing tonight and if I want to come out to some club her friend promotes. I'm like "Yeah!" and we're texting back and forth, and then I asked if we're all meeting up or if I should call Ash (my friend) and go with her...and she's like no, just me and you.

Whoah!

Basically, I'm having my first "date" with a girl and I'm a wreck! Literally I had goosebumps a few minutes ago and I feel like my skin is breaking out on my forehead. Goosebumps and butterflies. Why why why am I so nervous????? I have to leave in 20 minutes and I don't want to look like a spazz :bang:

2. Bravesole

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just treat it as two friends going out. Get to know her a bit better no rush for anything else to happen. hope you have a good time.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Tell us how it went when you get back if you want to, please! Good for you to be on your first date, that's a good first step, congratulations : ) hope it goes well.

4. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! Keep everyone posted on how it goes!

5. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys! :

So...wow. I don't even know how to put it into words! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg I was really really nervous, and then I was embarrassed because I was so nervous and I was afraid she would think I'm a weirdo, but she was so sweet about it. We went to the club her friend promotes (free drinks!) and danced for hours and then we were hanging out in the "VIP" area. I completely lost track of time and missed my train...the last Metro North train out of Manhattan is 1:45 am, so we went to this "speakeasy" place that you literally have to enter by going through a phone booth...we stayed until it closed and then she walked me to Grand Central for the early morning train. I didn't get home until after 6 am. Then she texted me to make sure I made it home OK. :icon_redf

At one point we took a break from the dancefloor and she went to get us more drinks, and some random girl came up to me and was like, "You too are so cute together". Haha. My face must have been beet red.

She's just...awesome. I didn't feel like I had to play it cool or anything, she made it clear she likes me, no games or anything, but I didn't feel any pressure. We were in this little corner of the VIP area when she kissed me...in no time to think about it or be my usual awkward self-sabotaging self lol. More butterflies! She was like "I can feel your heart beating" and oddly I didn't feel like a spazz. I was on cloud nine :grin: After my initial awkwardness I felt really comfortable and it was just like last week when we met, like we were old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while but never missed a beat...except in the back of my mind it was like "OMG THIS IS REAL!" and nothing that I could have imagined even a few months ago before I had come out to anyone.

Anyways I was so wound up when I got home that I didn't fall asleep until almost 8 am and when I woke up at 3 I had another text from her saying she had a great time and she hopes I did too. So different than guys who think they have to pretend like they're players and not call or text you for a week. I know everyone's background and upbringing is different, and we didnt talk about thwt, but she's so confident and sure of herself, and she doesn't care what other people think. I admire that and I wish I was like that.

Now I'm recovering and trying to get back into "straight mode" so I can do Mother's Day stuff tomorrow and not look like I'm a space cadet lol.

Sorry,I didn't mean to write a novel! I hope I don't sound like a teenager either haha, this is just so sudden and it went better than I ever expected. You know when you're used to things going bad, and then something amazing happens and you're thinking, "Is this really happening to me?" That's how I feel right now!

6. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I just wanna say this is one of the most adorable threads I've seen on here. :icon_mrgr I'm glad it went so well!

7. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks atoadsao! :icon_bigg You guys are super supportive and I really appreciate it.

8. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THAT'S GREAT!!! Don't be nervous, nerves don't help with anything! Just gotta have the mindset that you're gonna be yourself and whatever happens happens. You'll be fine!

9. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, just awesome! I absolutely enjoyed reading your story, it made me smile and I'm so so happy for you! :thumbsup:
    Keep us up to date :wink:

10. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Lizzz! (Haha my tablet tried to autocorrect your name to "Pizza")

We're going to hang out again this weekend. Can I just say that randomly texting back and forth and suddenly realizing that you're flirting with girl is just....weird?!?! I mean that in a good way. It's just that you're used to communicating a certain way with your own gender and then suddenly you're saying (or typing) things that feel strange to be saying to someone of the same sex. I guess this isn't a particularly unique observation, it's just something I didn't really give much thought to before.

Like...flattery. I'm used to responding a certain way with guys but I'm completely not prepared for how to handle it from a woman. :icon_redf And face to face? hah. Maybe I should make sure we go someplace dark again so she can't see me blushing lol.

11. PurpleGrey

Starlights, you are so damn lucky. I'm terribly jealous! But I'm also extremely happy for you!