1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Like Girls More...But I Want Boys To Like Me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MysteriousMadam, May 9, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I start a lot of threads here, I'm so sorry. I feel like I'm a bit obnoxious.
    I was going to put this in the sexual and romantic orientation forum but I thought this would be a conversation starter that could lead into a great discussion instead of something I should complain about.

I've kind of realized, I'm more lesbian than bisexual. I'm still bisexual because I'm attracted to both sexes. But I really have more of a preference for girls over guys. Out of all the crushes I have at school, only one is a boy (who I know I can't get with anyway...he's a close friend, doesn't know I like him, and he's a grade above me). The rest are girls (who I can't get with either...they're all straight :tears:slight_smile:. I like more feminine aspects of the body and more feminine features. I feel like I can connect and bond more when I'm with a girl or a woman, I notice with men and boys I'm more introverted and awkward. I'm praying that this doesn't offend anyone, but I think girls are more attractive. I'm really starting see to my preference play out...I really like girls more.
    However, I still want male approval. This could be societal behaviors I've picked up on or a result of the daddy issues I do have, but I really want boys and men to like me more. I feel like it's a lot easier to get other girls and women to like me. I will be the girl who downplays her intelligence or feelings in order to make a boy in my class see me as more relatable or to make him happier. In my art class at school, there's a lot of boys who really don't do anything and are always failing their other classes. I'm passing all of my classes with A's but I never tell them that when they ask, I just say I'm doing okay. I notice that if a boy want to take charge of the group or speak when we're having a discussion, even if I do too I'll just let him take over. I act really passive around guys. The only boys I don't act like this around are my brothers, because well, they're my brothers lol. With my guy crush, I don't change so dramatically but I notice that I have the tendency to always agree and side with him on everything, even if he's being really intense (for example, he's a liberal atheist who loves science, always ranting about Republicans and Christians...it gets really heavy sometimes, I don't know how to ask him to stop lol)
    You would think that I wanted girls to like me more so I would act so mousey around girls, but I don't. I kind of want to know what you make of this. Is it a problem? What are your opinions of this?
    Thanks everyone, have a super Saturday (!)

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I can kind of relate with this? My situation isn't the same, though. I think I want girls to admire me because it validates my masculinity, and if a guy ever liked me, it would make me feel like they view me as a girl, which I don't want.

Off topic, but the guy you have a crush on sounds great. All I live around are Conservative Christian rednecks who bash liberals.

3. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe try not to be too passive and be bolder around boys. You clearly have the qualities with women but you're mistaken in believing you have to submit to a guy socially. You're conforming to the idea that men want submissive women. That's not true, at least in my case and what I believe politically.
    Either you're giving in to a self-defeating prophecy or you genuinely have anxiety around boys, but if you were to be more confident, guys would notice your personality more.

4. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is great :lol:!!! I'm an Independent but I definitely lean more towards the left, so we agree on everything really. I'm also an atheist so it just works out beautifully. It's just that he can get too caught up in what the other side believes and some of the things he says (when you really get him going) are a bit intolerant.

---------- Post added 9th May 2015 at 06:14 PM ----------

I honestly think it's the former over the latter :/ I'm not a naturally confident person though. It's something that usually comes out when I feel like I can trust someone or if I've known them for a while.

5. Glowing Eyes

I relate to this except that I want guys to validate me.