1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving Day Plans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gerry, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is everyone's Thanksgiving Day plans? I am spending it with my immediate family which is good enough for me. Nothing too big. :slight_smile:

2. musican

I am also going to spend it with my immediate family. We're going to have lot's of food. We migth go over to our neighbors house becuase she is like our nana so she's like family.

3. EM68

I'm heading to my parents for dinner. Most of my close family will be there. Also we will celebrate my sister's and nephew's birthday. So not only do we have dinner and desert we also have birthday cake. A lot of calories will be consumed today. Hopefully I will feel better from my cold so I can hit the gym tomorrow. :icon_bigg

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I get to spend the afternoon with all my Republican (no offense EM68...love you!) relatives who voted against the rights of my child. I'm a disgruntled mother. lol I am leaving on all my Obama/Biden bumper stickers so than I can rub it in a little bit. :grin:

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same as my Christmas plans - not much. The relatives who usually make the food are disgruntled after the election and refuse to cook for anyone, so my mom is running it all herself. It'll just be a small family thing this year.

6. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

I'm spending it with my parents, siblings, and my dad's parents at my house. After dinner, a few neighborhood friends are coming over for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :grin:

7. Nodnarb

I'll be headed over to my grandparent's in a while. My sister is putting her coat on right now, so it'll probably be just a few minutes before we leave.

It'll be the usual chaos. 30 or so family members packed into their house, everybody talking at the top of their lungs. Little kids screaming. Dogs barking. Amy and grandpa fighting. And it may be worse this year, seeing as everybody will be excited about the election. We'll finally get to torment the few Republican family members:wink: I'll retreat to the basement with my sister and my cousins who are the same age, just so we can have a little bit of quiet.

Saturday we'll go up to my aunt's and have dinner with my mom's side of the family. Should be fun:dry:

8. lordjord96

we dont have thanks-giving in britian (i think the whole of europe).

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My son called this morning and said he and Michael were spending Thanksgiving with another gay couple and about 20 friends. Michael's Dad didn't even call them to spend Thanksgiving with him. His mom tried but his stepdad said no. I have a hard time understanding people like this. Why wouldn't you want your family with you on Thanksgiving? I can't wait until my boys move back out here!

10. EM68

On offense Becky! Love you too! (*hug*)

11. Apocalypte

I actually did have a Thanksgiving dinner today, but then again my friend is from Colorado so it kinda has to be done.

Went to her apartment in Maynooth after college today (2hr journey from UCD FTL), bringing a pumpkin pie and a banana bread - stuffed my face with turkey over there after playing Mario Kart Wii for about an hour while we waited for everything to finish cooking.

12. Tim

Tim

Just got back from family friends house, Went there at 11 AM to help cook and set up, was my family, their family, their sister's family, and another family. 21 people in all. 1 didn't show up...

1 1/2 hours was figuring out the seating chart. My mom couldn't sit near her sister, whereas my sister couldn't sit near someone she didn't know well, as well as many other things. Was very hectic.

I ate a plate of food, and feel sick. Not in a good way. :frowning2:

13. Nodnarb

Last night was fairly enjoyable, as far as family-gatherings go. But, all the people that usually vote GOP voted Obama this time around, so there was nobody to defend Republicans. The amount of Palin-bashing was hilarious:wink:

I was disappointed that Brenda's gf wasn't there. Maybe she'll come to Christmas...