1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it really work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brigitte, May 9, 2015.

1. Brigitte

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok this is a question for lesbians: do you "feel" when another's girl is gay? At work there is this girl, she's super super beautiful but I am not usually attracted by girls who are "just" beautiful. I must feel something. Some connection, some vibes. And it doesn't happen often. I have plenty of beautiful girls around me since I work in a luxury shop but this one, wow. I have got proper crush. It was just a glance we exchanged. And even though we don't work in the same department when she comes to mine we always end up looking at each other. I have recently came out and to be honest I've been always wondering if that thing of the "gaydar " can actually work. Can you really feel if a girl is gay? Because they way she looks at me, I dony know, it seems weird to me. Or do you think I'm delusional and I'm leaving my own dream because I jave a crush on her?? Thanks a bunch in advance for your comments!!

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hard to tell. I wonder the same thing about one of my best friends, although I am not openly gay like you are. Usually I'm pretty bad with gaydar. I think the best giveaway is to examine how they talk about the opposite sex, and note whether or not they have much of a romantic history with the opposite sex. Other than that, stereotypes can oftwn be false and it's really anybody's guess.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg I have a great gay dar! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: when I looked at this one guy I knew he was gay but no one else did. Then he came out everyone was surprised but I wasn't. :lol:

4. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I've heard a lot about this famous glance two lesbians can share that lets each other know they're both queer, but I have awful gaydar. I thought I got this glance from a girl recently, but she swears by her straightness.

5. sundaygirlx

sundaygirlx Guest

Yes, I definitely think that it is possible to feel that another girl is gay but it could also be that she's just trying to be nice or friendly, it is hard to tell sometimes. Usually there are certain signs but I think but the best way to tell would be to approach and talk to her and see where it goes from there.

6. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only tested my gaydar once and it worked. :slight_smile: But it was only because she showed unusual behavior towards me that I hadn't seen from my other female friends and she somehow wanted to catch my attention in one way or another and in a way that was both annoying and sweet :slight_smile:

7. Brigitte

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for your answers!! I really would like to know more about her... But we all know the frustration when you like someone and you are not sure about her orientation. I really want to figure out lol.. Unfortunately at the moment I'm even struggling to talk to her... Anyway I wanna be actually very discrete, since I suspect that and everyone at work knows I'm gay. I don't know if she knows but I don't think so. I don't wanna "scare" her if you understand I mean... What would you suggest?

8. MirandaJK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm still questioning at this point, but even with guys, my gaydar is terrible! I can't help much with that, but this new set of questions, I have some ideas!

I completely see where you're coming from! It is scary to be in that situation. The best advice I can give you is to maybe try to befriend a few different people at work. It will make it less suspicious of you suddenly start talking with a bunch of people. Women AND men. You don't want it to look like your hitting on all the women at work. Lol. Make sure you come off as thought you are just looking for friends and to get to know your coworkers better.

9. Brigitte

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I see your point and I'm actually doing it... Be friendly with literally everyone... Let's see... I just need to calm down and try to talk to her without sounding weird :bang::bang: