1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to apologize

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, May 10, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok on this forum if anyone may know I tend to get easy offended by some things and seem to have to fight every battle and defend everything I find offensive. I want to say I am sorry for those who believe I am hostile, angry and maybe too sensitive of person. What can I say I was born a fighter. I had many surgeries, some disabilities and to top it off I am gay. i have to fight all those battles at once and you have people make assumptions about your faith, sexuality or your disability it can all be overwhelming at times. I have to honestly say I respect all beliefs and viewpoints and I try to maintain composure when hitting disagreements and to not take it personally. Also being the shy person I really am I tend to hold back a lot and sometimes when expressing my feelings it tends to get the best of me. In all honestly I am not trying to start fights or be hostile to other but when i hear assumptions made about people I tend to take it personally because I been fighting them all my life. I will better in the future to react better to situations and know even though I am a fighter I don't have to fight every stupid comment about a group of people.

Like for example I got offended yesterday when i made a post about medication and although i admit i did not state my reasoning for the post all too clearly people jumped to the first conclusion that I wanted to ban medication. It also stuck me personally cause I was speaking from a personal situation and I just feel like I was getting shoot down based on assumptions.I think the problems i think i need to write a post and fill in everyday detail and hit every corner so assumptions are not made. But sometimes I write a long detailed post and people read one little bits of it and just make their own assumption based on that. The problem goes both ways you can either write a long post and or short one and people jump to assumptions no matter what because it is too long or not detailed enough. Maybe someone can give me advice on that but like I will admit you cannot help how people react to your posts and sometimes got to it go but it sucks when a assumption derails the whole thread.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

While it does help to cover every corner and loophole, as you said, some folks will read until one part causes an impulsive response -- and go off that in their response. Don't worry, this is fairly normal, but at least if you do take the time to address everything, you can just point them there.

For what it's worth, I've irritated a few people myself. Most of them tend to get banned or leave, which I find amusing, because it seems it's a prerequisite for unruly behavior. I've had an individual get pissed at me, because they felt I had taken their role as the "brooding comedian", despite them joining after me. Yeah, let that sink in...

Point is, if you aren't doing anything intentionally malicious and somebody flips out, try not to let it ruffle you. That's easier said than done, but forums have the disadvantage of no voice, facial or bodily gestures, or energy presence and vibes to consider. It's all based off what one reads, which is interesting, because some folks seem to jump to negative presumptions or get all twisted up... but those individuals also tend to be the most stubbornly troubled. Not all, but enough to mention that observation.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I think all it takes is basically letting it go and moving on. See a offensive comment leave the page and let it go or even report it and let it go. The thing too that bothered is yeah you can clarify your position but most of the people that made assumptions don't come back and say oh sorry I assumed wrong. I know that sounds cheesy to wish they came and said I was way off and I think most people who jump to assumptions leave the thread frustrated and think it is a shitty thread with a assumed bad idea. I will work to not get worked up at stuff like that cause it is the internet nothing you can do about it.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Unfortunately, most people, if you've been posting a while, will typically perceive/judge you by three things:

How others tend to respond to and with you, which may precede their own personal interaction, but not always. Your most outlandish/offensive post/thread. And your most amusing/touching post/thread. There can be some sway and leaning here but, unless you do something outrageously offensive, it will usually swing back to those.

You can't always escape those though, which is why individuals who have abused the EC forum for their own means, even if they did post again, are going to have a really difficult, if not impossible time being "accepted" again.

Keep in mind. Trying to get everybody to like you, is going to result in failure. The folks you want around you, will realize, you're not just one thing you say or do. They are the ones you should focus on, if you're looking to make connections. Those who would dismiss you for one thread (unless it was something absolutely atrocious which, I believe, you have yet to do, LOL), aren't even worth getting irked about. Honestly, you've probably done yourself a favor and discouraged them from fouling up a post of yours, again.

Keep helping folks, if and how you can, who need it here. Have some laughs, stir some minds, and fuckin' spread the love!

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I think some people who come on here they come on with the sole purpose of being divisive, mean spirited or they assume that this forum most likely panders to their personal beliefs so they decide to play a divisive mean spirited role in that respect. In quite honesty i see most of those people disappear fast and it is better off to ignore them and move on. This is very diverse form and while you have a right to state your opinion and I respect any opinion. Another thing if I said anything outright hostile to other beliefs i am sorry I am not perfect either and I know have not said anything way like that in awhile but if I did and somebody remembers it I do regret. I respect people differences such as atheists and I hope for the same mutual understanding and respect in return.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people