1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My father's changed a bit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Purp, May 11, 2015.

1. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I came out to my father last semester, he's changed quite a bit. We have our differences and he tries his hardest to push it under the rug but I think it has scarred him mentally. He's near bipolar somedays with his mood and everything seems kinda fake with him when I talk to him. He's become more forgetful; I'd have a half an hour conversation with him about my grades and then he'd call the next day asking what I have in my classes completely forgetting the conversation we had yesterday. At home, my mother says he is so torn because of it.

Anybody else having this issue?

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm sort of having this issue with my dad as well. I am not out but I don't dress particularly feminine and I try to hint at homosexuality and my dad HATES IT. I think he has a clue and I also believe he would have a hard time accepting it. Heteronormativity is imbedded in our culture so when someone who identifies as straight has a child who doesn't it can be hard to break the idea that homo is wrong. I would try to teach him if he is willing to learn, but sometimes dad's just have their own way of dealing with this news. These things take time, I hope things get better