1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations - by Mister Tinkles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterTinkles, May 11, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

Observations

by Mister Tinkles

Things I have observed during my life so far on this planet:

Note: Many observations are stated as a whole, not for individuals or certain groups/types/races of people, unless otherwise stated.

*Humans are liars. It seems to be easier for them to live complete lies and speak complete lies, rather than speak the truth or live the truth. (but it is always fun for me to face people with their lies, to see what more lies they will come up with in order to get out of the previous ones)

*"Civilized" society is only a sham, a fake front. People are vicious, violent, and refuse to learn any traits of what being civil really is....unless it suits their personal private agenda.

*People only "care" about others, when it suits their personal needs or private agendas. People will also lie completely about this, in order to get the status they want, from "donating", "serving the public", or "helping out".

*Modern society is all about "Me, me, me". In reality, no one really, truly gives a damn, unless it suits their own private agendas to fit their life lies.

*Companies do not care about employees. No matter what you think or hear, companies only exist to make money. They will do whatever is necessary to make money, regardless of what happens to the consumer or the employee. 90% of the time, companies get away with it for various reasons, because people refuse to see what is in front of their faces.....facts and reality. If a company does do something for its employees, they have ulterior motives behind it.

*Nothing is ever free.

*As of the middle of the 1970's, the USA has the technology to live clean (no fossil fuels, no detergents, no toxic waste, no pollution), but corporations and those politicians they purchase, make it impossible for this technology to be a commonplace in society, simply because of pure, unadulterated greed and avarice.

*Medical technology exists to cure most of what ails humans, including diabetes, some cancers, and other wide spread issues. Again, corporations and the government offices and politicians they purchase, make sure that this does not happen. Again, because of pure, unadulterated greed.

*Government only cares about you as far as you are able to afford to pay off those who you are seeking help from. Otherwise you get only what they WANT to give you, not what you rightly deserve. And no, not everybody deserves it.

*Nobody cares. When it comes down to between you and them, they will choose themselves each time.

*Don't believe everything you read in books or see/hear in the media. 50% of this is what they WANT you to hear, not what is TRUE. Anyone can write a book and have it published, this does not mean that the author knows anything about what they wrote, or is true. 25% is hearsay. 20% is personal conjecture or personal opinion. 5% is the truth, but usually so obscured, you don't even see it or notice it.

*People who claim to be charities must be scrutinized with a microscope, as they too are only interested in making money for themselves. Most donated money to any charity, goes to "administrative costs". Example: if you give a dollar to "feed the children", only about 5 cents actually goes towards feeding those intended, if at all. Charities can be deemed worthy or not worthy by scrutinizing the people who run them. If they treat you as if they are better than you, refuse to answer your questions, or only seem interested in their own personal insecurities, then the ONLY charity they are working for, is themselves.

*Civil servants have the perfect job. They show up to "work", but do as little as possible (if anything at all), to get a paycheck. This is why government is useless, as well as the "police". People who are only interested in a paycheck, without having to actually work for it.

*Never believe food labels. They have to print a label in accordance with food and safety regulations. There is no law about how much of that label has to be hard fact or just a "best guess", or even something being "close enough". Example: Frozen yogurt. This is basically ice cream with the tiniest bit of yogurt cultures thrown in. Usually less than 5%....just enough (by law) to be considered "yogurt".

*Aliens don't exist. If they do, they have not come to this part of the universe as of yet. Two major facts on this: Aliens, being more technologically advanced, wouldn't care about where they land or who they have see them. If any government had control of alien devices, they would be ruling the planet.

*Freedom, fairness, and justice are only available to those who can pay for it.....literally.

(Where have I gotten my information? From keeping my ears open over the years, from watching, listening, and observing every little thing that goes on around me, and from what I have personally observed happened to me, my friends, or someone else I know/knew......From scientists, discoverers, medical masters, who came forward to expose such, and was subsequently "silenced" one way or the other. Expose's, undercover investigators, documentaries, and ex-employees who also "blew the whistle" on such issues and conglomerate corporations)

Open your eyes, open your ears to reality and all of its horrors....you too, will see the world and society for what it is. Look, listen, and hear everything. Sift out the BS, the media hype/lies, the conjectures, opinions, idealologies, hearsay, and urban legends/unproven theories.........and what you have left is the truth.

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That seems a rather cynical and jaundiced view of humanity. It is not my experience. And as a former civil Servant, I take issue with your blanket prejudice against a whole class of working people.

3. Bravesole

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    just glad I dont share op`s views at all

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Cynicism and jadedness are just so hot right now, aren't they?

Cynicism =/= wisdom.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have hard time taking this seriously and in all honestly I hope the OP is joking or has some ulterior motive.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MisterTinkles please stop making threads like these they always end bad and I can see this thread already going really really bad.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Well, too much cynicism for my taste but I'm not going to disregard everything MisterTinkles said. There are some truths in his post after all, especially this.

This also applies to the OP as well.
    Not being sarcastic, just point out a fact.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    ^Well, it's true. Don't trust what you read includes necessarily the person giving the admonition. But it's not a bad idea: I see people all day cite some blog to prove that their opinions are fact. Just because it's written down, doesn't mean it's true. But questioning sources and reducing all sources to 5% truth are not the same thing.

That's part of the risk of posting a whole thread of opinions. I would have hoped that MisterTinkles knew what he was getitng into.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know but when you make your own observations on a thread it always leads to nasty comments. I give this thread until the end of today until it gets locked.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a civil servant at 3 different levels of government, I agree. Though, I can see where he's coming from, as I've seen some that all they do is show up and do nothing. But, I've seen the same thing at private employers.

11. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aliens probably exist, but i agree, it is very unlikely that they visited the Earth.

But be careful Tinkles. The Truth isn't as clear as you may think.

#11 Chiroptera, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  12. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Yes, I totally overlooked the percentages because they are just hyperbole.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

By, MisterTinkles? Really? Is this essay-serious right now? LOL.

Blah, blah, blah... Warsaw Pals... blah, blah, blah... 50 Shades of Grey... blah, blah, blah... Now You Know!​
    Superb start...

The Cold War didn't allow room to be second place. Yes, a lot of it was silly, like who had the biggest missiles and thickest tanks. It doesn't justify it, but it does explain it.

Vietnam went horrible for us, the Soviets had a pretty good communist turn over rate, and we had Richard Nixon, a.k.a. the best U.S. President EVAR (actually, no, he wasn't). And Disco. LOL.

All we had was a more determined spirit and the Bee Gees. Capitalism was the rallying cry, which would usher in Ronald Reagan--

And I'm rambling. I really do not like Reagan, LOL.

Nowadays, there really isn't an excuse... but the wealth accumulated from that period, it's quite a bit, and folks don't like cutting themselves off from that. This, I'll agree with as a primary cause, but the whole NATO vs Warsaw Pals bigger dick contest was the overall culprit.

I do believe some "stalling" is being done, but if an agency can cure an ailment, surely they can create/unleash another, right? They could sell the cure for AIDS or Cancer, and release SUPER-DEATH-CRABS or something.

See, I don't like or trust my government on a lot of stuff, but I do trust them when it comes to money:

Those motherfuckers spend it, and they how to get it. Their greedy little fingers would want to be all over that medical conspiracy money. There is a reason I call the I.R.S. 'legal gangsters', because they are.

We need to address two things here...

First, the government does have a them-first policy. They justify it by saying, well, without them where would you be? No laws, ha! That's anarchy! You need them. Sure, they claim to serve you, but really, at best, you're simply voting for somebody to vote for you.

I don't recall raising those taxes on cigarettes or paying for that fancy new courthouse fountain, good sirs.

Second, rightly deserve? Am I reading this right?

To get a little dark and morbid here:

The resources on this planet are going to be exhausted. Those who control those resources will maintain control, and if you lack the connection/muscle/importance to access them, you're worthless. You deserve to die off, allowing some conservation of these resources.

Sure, we could invest in solar power or more hydro-based power supplies, but then everybody would bump up a social class. You can't exactly put a supply and demand on a rechargeable or infinite energy source, and that brings about a huge social dynamic.

This is why those larger corporations and even some political bodies discourage that. This is why they get away with it, because you have nothing that they want, nor that they need, to even bargain for social status with.

Is it wrong? Oh yeah. It's pretty fucked up, but see, if you rightly deserve something -- you should have it. The grim reality of it is, as it stands now, you deserve nothing but what you can obtain. Ideally, yeah, I'd like to say everybody can hold hands and sing songs, and the power of love will prevail, but that is almost delusional. Those who run the world on a grand scale, don't do that and they're still influencing your life.

If you really want to change things, you have to do something. I cannot believe I'm about to quote this idiot, but it fits the context:

"If you don't like a rule. Just follow it. Reach the top. Change the rule."​

I intend to change the world through media, ideally by being a writer-for-hire for all mediums, like movies, shows, comic books, novels. In the meantime, I'm working on what I can, knowing I'll get there soon enough.

Then, it's game on! My bid for international politics begins, LOL!

This I'll partially agree with. More often than not, this may be the case, but there are some folks who do care for, say, their significant others or children. Hell, some people go hard for their cats and dogs.

But yes, there do exists some supreme assholes out there who, no matter what, are scum and cause unnecessary damage. But I try to be a little nicer, a little more patient, a little more helpful than the rest of the world. That way, I know, not everybody is a shitty human being because, well, there's me.

50 Shades of Grey is proof of that second part. As for the first, well, that would be common sense I hope. Every reporter, whether they intentionally mean to or not, put a little spin on their subject. If everybody reported the news the same, we'd have just one news source. Sometimes I wonder who FOX News talks to, because some of their information is LOLwut. MSNBC is pretty bad, too--

I'm rambling.

The right connections can really help you when it comes to publication. Knowing the right people, gaining Oprah's recognition, being picked up by a big-name director. Talent is often drowned in a sea of mediocrity.

But no worries, with Gen's future best-seller, the media world will be cleansed of filth and bad taste, LOL. Maybe I'll have something going, and we can shoot your Wonder Woman movie, make that money, tell folks to fuck off, LOL... okay, I'm having too much fun with this.

I would say that the police are not exactly useless. Realistically, something like the police would be necessary for society unfortunately. It isn't just about who is the strong arm of the law, it's those who control that strong arm. Naturally, many police officers receive their pay from their government. The money is what is buying the control, because of what the money brings, and it's best to be on the good side of the money-giver.

There is always going to be somebody that craves power, who wants to be the one who says how everything should go. They'll just play the numbers game and rule by force, and if you have no police, well, it becomes one hell of a brawl for control.

But yes, many civil servants do have it pretty easy. Though to be fair, they do put in some work, because you can't be too lethargic or inefficient, they'll kick you out as you're fucking with their money, LOL.

Maybe they're only as advanced as us?

As for governments and hording alien technology, that can go either way. Maybe the aliens were only a bit more advanced. Maybe back in the 1950s, aliens only had technology akin to the 1990s, and are just slower to adapt... there are a lot of theories and ideas to entertain about this.

Or maybe I'm just hoping there's something else out there. Seems like a literal waste of space, LOL.

Depends on what you consider payment.

All in all, a good read, MisterTinkles. <3

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow kaiser you really like to make a point. :thumbsup:

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    The systematic oppressive power of capital (in the form of e.g. corporations) over the majority, unequivocally agreed.
    That very many people are not that nice - also agreed. Though in a context of top-down society-inflicted personas rather than bottom-up innate human nature (biological). Really, by our 'human nature', we like eating, f*cking and sleeping and are generally quite nice and very empathic.

*worship*

EDIT: Kaiser for President.

16. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

17. MisterTinkles

In case you didn't read the main part............

It is OBSERVATIONS by Mister Tinkles.

In case you don't know what an observation is, here is what the dictionary has to say:

ob·ser·va·tion
    ˌäbzərˈvāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    plural noun: observations
    the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.

a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.

I have spent most of my life (as far back as I can remember) watching everything and everyone around me. Listening to everything and everyone around me. And seeing what it is that people do and say in a multitude of different situations, and with different people.

Over all the years, with all the information I have gathered, from all the watching and listening I have done...........these are only some of the observations I have.

I couldn't list them all, and I wanted to make a longer list, but I had to go to work.

Here are some more of Mister Tinkles' OBSERVATIONS -

*You CAN be anything you want to be, the ONLY thing holding you back is yourself.

*With the advent of the personal computer, knowledge is not only easily accessed, it is all there for the taking. Yet, people would rather post comments and pics about the wart on their toe on their social site, than use that time to make themselves a better person.

*With the advent of the internet and all the information that is on there right at this moment in time, you can pretty much learn anything you want to learn without ever having to go to a school. Yet people would rather sit stupefied, watching cat videos or Youtube parody's, than get smarter or more intelligent.

*The average "civilized" human has the mentality of a 10 year old....this is derived from years of listening/watching social scientists, sociologists, and psychologists on the subject.

*The "smarter" technology gets, the dumber people get. (with the exception of those few who are the mechanics for said technology)

*If technology and electronics "died" this year, most people would die, as they have no concept or idea how to grow food, much less cook with fire. If it doesn't go from the freezer to the microwave, or have a drive thru....well, they are screwed.

*Geeks, dweebs, and nerds must be revered, as they are the scientists, visionaries, and creators of tomorrow.

18. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    damn, i actually liked this post even if it was cynical it was interesting

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idealism makes way for cynicism after you get burned a few times. But eventually you gain a little more perspective and that makes way for realism and skepticism among true hope. Assuming the ones who aren't deadweight-idiots in the world will kill you for a dollar bill is a quick way to get depressed. There are people like that out there, and there are also people who would sacrifice themselves if it meant you got a dollar to eat. Beauty pours from this world as readily as evil; it's up to us to recognize it while shutting out the bad influences.

#19 Argentwing, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  20. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of your observations suck. You're overgeneralizing too much. :wink:

Modern Western society is all about the individual by default. Other societies can be quite different.

There is no technology to cure cancer. At least not yet.