1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did this go past harassment to sexual harassment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MouseKeeper, May 11, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

Last night, I was coming home from the store, and I had my headphones in, listening to backstreet boys and singing along. Some guy, whom I assume was drunk started harassing me on the street. He started out screaming to me "I love you! You're one of the backstreet boys!" I said no to him but he insisted I was because he "saw me on youtube." He kept trying to get me to "sign his bag of chips." Meanwhile, he was yelling. Then he hugged me without my permission and then I ended up frozen, and terrified because I didn't know this person, and his friend approaching the scene made things even more terrifying, and because he touched me without my permission, I wasn't sure how far he'd be willing to go.

My question is did this cross the line as sexual harassment when he hugged me without my permission? Thanks.

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he gave you a drunk hug.... ugh. the right answer is yes, he shouldn't have touched you without your consent.

---------- Post added 11th May 2015 at 01:20 PM ----------

However, under the same circumstances, It might have been sexual harassment that a drunk girl at a party leaned her head on me and began to try and cuddle with me. Sounds kinda severe for such a small act.

#2 Purp, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015