1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Friday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Jerr

Is the biggest shopping day of the YEAR!!!

I work it.

Most stores are opened (or their special sales start) at either 4 am or 5 am!

My store (Belk) openes at 5 am! Luckily, I don't open.

I just work 9 am to 11 pm with a 1 hour break in which I'm not allowed to leave the building. (Too many people have walked out and not come back, plus with traffic it isn't good to leave.)

Anyone else planning on doing super shopping or suffering like moi?

p.s. for those who have math issues, I work a 13 hour shift.(That I get payed for.)

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm neither working at a store nor going to be a shopper. I don't think there will be that many shoppers this year.

3. Jerr

I believe it will still be SLAMMED... people have been holding out but no one wants to sacrifice a xmas so I believe most are waiting for tomorrow for the best sales...

That then they will return a lot of their items.

To tell the truth, it is fun. Go to walmart. Get one of the high price/demand items, walk around with it in your buggy, then give it to someone. (Don't buy it unless you want it but give it to some unfortunate individual who wasn't fast enough.) I've known people to do that. They like watching the carnage.

I'll be torn to shreds tomorrow... *sigh* I'll probably die. Lets hope not.

4. Davey

I don't plan on getting plowed over or stabbed for the last Hannah Montana doll.

I'm staying home and watching movies!

:-D

5. Malchik89

Im going out at like 5am fo sho!!!

6. Amy

Amy

I love going to malls on Black Friday.

I don't buy, I just walk around.

Window-shopping, people watching, Santa seeing... It's my thing.

I might be going tomorrow. My mom and I aren't really talking and she is the one who always takes me to the mall so she can get out of work on "family buisness" and read in the car. Bleg. I think I might just tell her that I'm going and go. :S

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Black Friday shopping is SOO stressful.
    First, there's the waiting in line wayyy too early.
    Then, there's the whole "shoving other people to get to the item first."
    Finally, after you've done the shopping, you think to yourself "oshit. I should've used my money to buy Christmas prezzies."

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Ronnie92

I was scarred last year by my rival for a ps2, *shakes fist in the air* CURSE YOU LITTLE BLOND HEADED GIRL, YOU AND YOUR CUTE LEGS BRUISED MY SHINS!!!!!!!!!!

9. thespanishheart

I used to work for a store, and I remember opening on Black Friday. I was working Guest Service that day, so I didn't need to deal with an obscene amount of people, but I saw them all lined up. Surprising, they behaved themselves.

10. epiphanies

Last year I went shopping... went to Kohl's at 3:30am. We ended up not even buying anything in there. But then we went to Best Buy and walked right on in and bought what we wanted. It was fun to people watch though. Those people are CRAZY. To see them running around, just to buy some piece of crap at a discounted price. Then we went to Wal-Mart. Bad idea. That's where the crazy people live. Apparently last year there was a flat-screen tv on sale, and everyone had one in their carts (they didn't even fit. They were awkwardly sitting in there, ready to fall out).

My mom wants to go shopping tomorrow, but not before the sun comes up. Hopefully we'll avoid some of the crazy people who are starting to line up at stores as I type this!

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, neither. I don't like shopping anyway, I can't imagine shopping while hundreds of other people are scurrying around slamming into each other and buying the things I wanted.

12. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Will be at work at 4:30am, opening at 5:00. This year we have 10 fewer bodies in the store. Last year I had two helpers that were pretty much mine. This year, none :frowning2:

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck Jerr! I'm going out but not too early. I can't get my daughter out of bed that early! We'll be leaving around 7 AM. There is really nothing I need to buy. Two of my kids have to take their gifts home in a suitcase on a plane so my choices are limited. The other wants money for studying abroad. (she's going to Italy) I'll probably get my three oldest nephews gift cards. My youngest nephew wants a karaoke machine. His mom said no but I'm going to buy it for him anyway. :grin:

14. Mickey

Okay,I did this one time about 10 years ago and was injured by
    a lady at Wal-mart trying to get 3 vcrs at one time. She hit me with the corner of a box,then gave ME a dirty look. I was with my mom and I was pissed and let the woman know. Needless to say,I don't go AND my mom doesn't ask me to,anymore!
    So...it's a win-win for me!

15. Jerr

It's time for me to leave... (An hour early to beat down traffic and give me sufficient time to recover from how many people are there.)

*sigh* This day will take forever....

Awesome. haha

16. spencer

spencer Guest

I woke up at 8:00 am on Thursday. I didn’t go to sleep at all last night.

My sister and I left the house at 3:00 am and waited in line for three hours in 30 degree weather waiting for Target to open. A fight almost broke out between the people who had been waiting for several hours in line and the people who showed up a few minutes before the store opened and stood near the entrance so they could just rush in front of everyone. It was hilarious.

All I bough was The Goonies on DVD for $4. lol

17. EM68

This is the first Black Friday in along time that I am off. I am going to be just at home relaxing and probably watch some college football this afternoon. i am not crazy enough to shop today.

18. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Ohhhhh you poor retail workers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!
    I used to work at McDonalds (hey it is great pay and fantabulous training, honestly I got 3 job offers to work as a dish pig [sorry dish washer]) at central station in Brisbane and whenever there would be a sale on the store would be absolutley packed. People would just leave their rubbish on the floor, the kitchen would be a mess and if you didn't get a move on you would fall so far behind...honestly ANZAC day (commemorates the landing at Gallipoli in 1915) would be at least 15 deep on each register for about 6 hours. We get soooo smashed, and the air conditioner conked out (one of the managers collapsed because it was 45 degrees c in the kitchen but he was working on the grill so it was like 50).

Still wouldn't want to get infront of a mother running through a department store looking for a toy!!

19. Nitro

20. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only black friday shopping I'll be doing this year is online.

#20 excuseyou77, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008