1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should I give my teacher this letter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choirsmash, May 12, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Ok so I wrote a letter to my favorite teacher. He's the one who's been there for me through everything, the first person I came out to, he has served has a mentor for me. This letter is just chock full of me thanking him and references to musicals, Harry Potter and Star Wars. It's 5 pages going onto a sixth and I gave him my contact info in a PS. I just want to know when to give it to him. I have about 3 weeks left of school, today was my last full day. I don't want to give it to him in the last week of school, but I don't know if this is too early. When do you think I should give it to him?

2. PurpleGrey

I say now would be the right time. Don't overthink it, because you put a lot of effort into the letter, and it won't do to overwork your brain.

In any case, you want him to have enough time to actually read the letter. Go for it!

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now! Especially if you want a reply. If I don't want a reply, I usually pass it to the person on my last day in school.

Good luck with giving your teacher the letter (&&&)

4. choirsmash

I gave it to him today. I had to give him a movie that I borrowed and I just gave him the envelope after saying "this is for you" and this is how the rest of the conversation went
    Him: is this a letter?
    Me: yeah
    Him: is it full of emotion?
    Me: maybe..
    Him: am I gonna cry..?
    Me: probably
    Him: because I'm already sensitive today
    Me: well you don't have to read it today..
    And then he said he would get me the next movie in the series on Monday and I left for my next class haha

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Let us know what he says :slight_smile:

6. choirsmash

7. choirsmash

Okay so I didn't get to talk to him very long. He said it was the best letter he's ever received and that he's definitely going to keep it. He also said he cried and even talking about it he said e had a tear in his eye. He also told me I'm a good writer haha he's such a sweetheart:icon_bigg(*hug*)

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Nawwww!! <3 He seems so sweet! I bet you're awesome at writing! It's great you have someone who supports you like that.

xoxo

9. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool. Fun thread. Thanks for using ECs community. FTI I had one of those teachers. Helped me a lot, even when down. I know a lot of teachers and it's these special connections they cherish.

FYI 2. Teachers are human and can thus have venerable moments. It's most inappropriate to have intimate situation(s) with teachers. It happens from time to time and my stupid country (USA) demonizes encounters to the max.

10. choirsmash

My school is actually oddly laid back in that aspect. Certain teachers have given students their cell numbers and they text them occasionally (I had a teacher's number like 2 years ago). The school is pretty okay with it. Hugs are greatly accepted haha..we have one specific teacher who gives the best hugs and everyone looks forward to opportunities in which he could possibly hug them. My school encourages these kinds of teacher-student relationships, that's what I love about my school. We are also in the USA and if any news got word of teachers and students texting it would be blown out of proportion and made to look like something it's not, but that hasn't happened yet

11. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Any time you're ready i guess. Check the school policies though, in some schools you can get in trouble for having contact with a teacher outside of school unless it involves academics.
    (And just wondering, where do you get the star wars animation?)

12. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your teacher sounds awesome.