1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction to Others via Your Crush/Urination and Genitalia Myths

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lily1988, May 14, 2015.

1. lily1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Greetings to all.

I have been on and off depressed lately because of gender and sexuality issues.

Sometimes I feel attracted to certain women but it's mostly "through" a man I am into at the time (like, I imagine being him being attracted to her). But as for actual relationships I've never considered seriously dating women although at least in my geographical area men are more likely to be nasty or have poor socialization (causing sexism and foul behavior) than females, so socially I feel more comfortable with females.

I've also been depressed since a friend of mine ( who is also gender queer somewhat, and bisexual) has not been talking to me and I have fallen in love with him.

I identify mainly as female and present as female but internally my "nature" can be any and everything. Physically I was categorized as female at birth and anyone who saw me would agree that was the proper categorization.

However, I am confused as to what constitutes a clear line between male and female (not in regard to my own body, my own body is very far to the female side such that I am what you would call cis-female). ("Normal" size, shape "female" categorized organs).

What IS a penis? What. IS a vulva/clit? How big does something have to be before it gets considered a penis? Or is it the shape that determines whether something is a penis or clit? Is it determined by that the rest of the body is shaped like? (Like if a hole/vagina is present they call it a clit but if not then a penis?)

I'm also confused by our society's opinions on the urination issue ("all penises can pee standing and all vulvas cannot") because even among strongly/definite cis males and females this isn't always true. Many penises don't pee straight or in a spray, many are small and harder to expose through pants, and many vulvas can have the lips pulled apart and this makes the pee come straight forward and not messy. Furthermore many penises have foreskin which can cause mess or just the shape of the hole can cause it not to pee straight.

I'm exceedingly confused by the idea that it's easier for cis males to avoid getting pee on their bodies because of larger size when it's obvious that not all penises are large! Also, not all vulvas are small. (I'm not talking about the lips and clit, the pee usually comes out from behind those, but if the shelf all those are on protrudes more or less). I mean, your mouth doesn't stick out and yet you can spit straight, no? So, cis male or female, why is size an issue?

I guess my main point of confusion is that people say the difference in ease, when size based at least (like, to get the area to protrude), is between male and female rather than large and small, as there are many small males and large females.

Me as a very cis female bodies person I can do it rather easily but I get very confused at males or females for that matter who say it's easier and quicker to stand, because when you sit, male or female, you don't have to aim anything as much as when standing and you don't have to worry about your hand slipping or getting things, no matter the size (and remember, many penises are small and many vulvas large) getting past your clothing.

Please don't judge or tell me I'm being petty because we all have our issues and if not for our bigoted and un accepting society i'd never have these problems to begin with, not would any of us!

My main point is that learning about the "pull the lips apart" thing makes me think that any differences in ease wouldn't be between male or female but would be determined by other factors and that there are differences in ease among males and other males and among females and other females.

And The reason I'm obsessed is because our society is obsessed! Our society is obsessed with saying that all men can do something, and all women can't. Also with making similarities between all males (to promote male bonding via an imagined biological similarity that they claim any and all cis males have). This is why, when talking about urination, or anything really, a seven inch penis and a one or two inch penis are said to have the same level of ease as each other. And that these two penises have more in common than the small penis does with the average/ideal female vulva.

This is why statements like "I wish I had a penis so I could pee standing (which isn't necessarily quicker or easier than sitting, sitting is easier and faster for most people or any sex actually) this is why those statements drive me nuts. Like saying that any and every penis is sufficient? When there are so many differences in size, shape, foreskin, flexibility, location (like some penises starting lower between the legs, not up in front near belly), pee hole shape, etc?! And vulvas too.

Also with regard to me having proxy crushes on women. I sometimes dress like or try to morph into the type of women I like and then hope the man I'm into likes the same ones so I can enjoy him enjoying me and also enjoy the woman via his eyes- it gets confusing! I told you!

---------- Post added 14th May 2015 at 10:46 AM ----------

I also find it very unfair the societal mandate that all cis men piss standing and all cis women sit (not that sitting is any more cumbersome), but it's unfair to women who want to stand (women are taught not to touch their bodies so they never learn to pull their lips apart) and many men (due to small size, foreskin, penis that's further down low, pee hole shape making it messy, penis not as flexible or easy to protrude from pants, etc) many men who can't do it are forced to try and make a mess of themselves just to serve a societal rule.

2. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi your post is quite long. I understand you are frustrated by generalisations. I think these generalisations occur because many people do not talk about people and go on their own experience of whether they feel males or females can pee easier.

In regards to the sexuality issues; these are societal definitions of males having a penis and females have a vulva.

In regards to being attracted to a man and imagining him with someone else is this because you think he prefers her and you are jealous or do you want a threesome with her or do you think he would be happier with her? Perhaps you are too uncomfortable with yourself and feel you are betraying him because you can't decide if you are a women or a man, however he has chosen to be with you. Let him be with you without thinking you are betraying him, let yourself be happy. If you are jealous of her then that's a more difficult issue and a trust issue. If you want a threesome with her ask him.

You say you have never dated women but feel more comfortable with them as the men in your area aren't nice? I'm confused by this since you have said you date women not men. Maybe you need to date a women to determine your sexuality and who you would prefer to date.

In terms of your male bisexual friend that you love unfortunately sometimes people stop talking to us and we cannot force them to start again no matter how much we want them to talk to us. I've been through this before and know you have support here and sometimes you have to let go of a person, slowly it will hurt less.

I do not think it matters whether you are a male or female on the inside just wear what you want to wear and date who you want to date and eventually what you feel inside will be more clear, plus does it really matter if you are more feminine or masculine, you can be who you want to be. I recently watched a show called what is a girl. It is really insightful, maybe see if you can find something like that on YouTube. It showed girls as being feminine and not feminine, identifying as a girl was to do with their genatalia not the way they dressed or who they dated. If you are still quite young and feel you need to know due to whether you want to take pills and become a trans person then the only advice I can give is do you enjoy having they genatalia you currently have? I mean do you feel comfortable with it? Short of that you can dress how you want to dress. If you want to dress with long hair and wear jewellery then do, if you want to wear traditionally men's clothes then do. If you prefer to wear skirts then wear them. You can change your genatlia and be trans and not change it and be trans. There are two different trans one for gender and one for sexuality. Have a look at all the queer terms and from that you will see life is more complex that male, female and straight or lesbian or gay. All the best.