1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Easily Do You Get Bored?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tai, May 14, 2015.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a strange problem that I suspect I am alone on, even here at EC. I hate when people hang out with me and then tell me they are bored. Even if I'm not the part of their day that is boring, just the activity we are doing together... I've had this problem my whole life. People throw the word "bored" like it doesn't mean much, but for some reason it can really hurt me... I either just get extremely irritated or sad. It's one reason why I never pursue any relationships, because I am afraid they will secretly (or outwardly) become bored by me. I think one reason why I get so upset is because I can't really relate to it. I am almost never bored. For instance, I'm a very busy person. And when I am waiting around for something, like waiting for someone to come pick me up, I don't instantly get bored waiting like other kids do. I start thinking very deeply about... Almost anything that comes to mind. What I will be doing that day, my relationships with others, the fate of the world, etc... That occupies me and I enjoy being alone with my thoughts... Not even my friends understand this. I think they all live too much externally, always needing action or always needing something exciting to happen...

So I've told you how me and the people around me act about being bored. How easily do you get bored, and do you get irritated when others are hanging out with you and they say they are bored? Or am I the only one. This is one of the few things I get sensitive about.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get bored easily :lol: But I don't say it when I'm hanging out with people, because if I'm hanging out with them then I want to be there...

3. Lyana

Interesting, Tai!
    I feel sort of similarly. I rarely ever get bored. I mean, some lectures bore me to death, but when that's the case I just start writing or thinking about something else and problem solved. If something is boring, I just kind of mentally "go away" from it. I feel like my mind and thoughts are more than interesting enough to keep me occuped.

I probably wouldn't be flattered if I was hanging out with someone and they often said they were bored -- but on a not-regular basis? It's okay to be bored sometimes! Especially if they suggest something to do to relieve boredom. That's always fun.

You sound like you have some insecurities, though. When you're hanging out with friends and they say they're bored, hopefully they don't mean you're boring. They're with you 'cause they want to be, so let that thought bring you confidence.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having a penis means I never get bored when I'm alone.

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like hearing it either. If someone is hanging with me and they claim to be bored, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. That said, sometimes if I'm bored, I like to hear that other people are too.

On the whole, I don't get bored easily. I can be entertained by fairly simple things. I don't need constant excessive stimulation like many people my age seem to need.

6. Psaurus918

I do get bored easily.. Even at restaurants if a friend goes to the bathroom I'll pick up a menu and read it or something, I like to read random things if I'm sitting idle for too long

7. MetalRice

I get bored fairly easily honestly.

8. HugasaurusRex

I rarely get bored. I am always keeping myself busy during the day with work. So I am usually always on the move, which keeps me occupied. Then when I get "home" I am generally too tired to be bored. Also, I hate it when people moan about being bored all the time...Do something then! It is not hard to cure boredom....What is it that you enjoy? If you enjoy it, do it! Boredom gone! Not that hard.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Easily, I'm bored right now.

10. Bravesole

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it a regular thing with me.

11. Gen

Gen

With others:

Very rarely. I don't expect people to entertain me. If I choose to spend time with them, it is because I find their personality or mind amusing. I require nothing more.

In life:

Never in recent times. I physically don't have time to be bored. I have to ration time for general relaxation as it is.

12. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could easily get bored but I rarely do because I'm constantly looking for ways to do little things differently even when walking into my kitchen I look at things from different angles and I amuse myself xD

13. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, sometimes when my friends say it I know they're talking about the activity that's boring, not the person they're doing it with... But my problem is that even when I know this, it still affects me.

---------- Post added 14th May 2015 at 04:38 PM ----------

I'm the same way, I can usually occupy myself with my thoughts. My friends don't tell me they are bored all the time, but I can tell when they are because of their body language and it's a lot. It's usually because we're at school and have to do school stuff, but they usually hang out with me at school and that's why I get irritated/sad. And usually my friends want to hang out with me and think the activity is boring, but sometimes they'll leave me because they go to someone else who's doing something more fun.

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as there's a cute guy around or a pretty garden and lots of trees near by, I dont get easily bored. :slight_smile:

15. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here. I feel like I'm being a bad friend when they say it.

16. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I get irritated by it too. Might not be me, but then I feel that I contribute to their boredom and in that case I must do something to entertain them. It's a silly thought really because I shouldn't have to entertain anyone if it doesn't come from genuine feelings.
    I get bored often, but I eliminate my boredom verry easily. TV, thinking, writing free verses, annoying my siblings, drawing...depends on what or who I find around me lol.

17. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I always feel like it's up to me to entertain my friends.

18. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Easily but also when i'm doing something funny that i actually like.I just lose interest too fast.I generally help it through motivating myself over and over again Because as fast as things become boring they can become interesting again.