1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do they do circumcision?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William1, May 28, 2007.

1. William1

Why do they do circumcision? I didn't even know it existed when I was in the UK, but since I been in Aussie, I saw a couple of guys who are circumcised. I guess there must be a reason. :confused:

2. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i learned in health class that it was becouse they thought it would help to keep the penis clean and un infected. but that infact it doesnt and they have stoped doing them lately. also i think jewish people do it ??????? mabey????

anyways im not circumcised but i kinda wish i was. i think it looks better...

3. Steam Giant

I was born in england, and moved to the US when I was 4. I had to be circumsized a few years later because my foreskin was too tight to properly clean under, and I got an infection. That's why ^^

4. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i was partly right ^^

5. Idk why they do it either, I learned also that its cleaner. But I am and I love it. I'm not jewish either so I guess it's an American thing, since alot of guys in America are.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    well it stems back to the Vietnam war when in the tropical conditions and back in that age, hygiene was not easy to maintain and so the USA in a bid to help curve the number of infections decided to mass circumcise it's babies... and that's what they have been doing ever since. Although scientifically it's been proven not to reduce it at all, and also it removes alot of the sensation from the penis (that uncircumcised people get to feel more when masturbating or during sex).

But really it makes no difference if you have been or haven't been, it's just another bit of skin. Oh and obviously those of the jewish or muslim faiths have been doing it for some time due to religious beliefs.

7. GuitarGirl1350

It supposedly keeps the penis cleaner.

8. SpikySpice

Well, I was borned in Asia., and I got circumcised wen I was 1 year old.

The reason they did it is that you will have a better grown penis, I dont know taht is it true or not, and like everybody said, your penis can be easy to clean, so you wont be infected. And you wont hvae np trouble wen you hvae erection

Beside, my dad said you rather do it en u r a baby, if you do it as a teenager, it will get a longer time to heal after circumcision. And beside, I'm Catholic, so I have to do it, id it right, IDK

9. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Circumcision started as a bullshit religious tradition and all the silly reasons why it is good came later.

It is in fact very rare for an uncircumcised man to get an infection under their foreskin. I was one of the unfortunate few who had to get cut because of an infection at the age of 20.

I would never have gotten cut if I wasn't forced to by the infection.

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am uncut. I keep myself immaculately clean there and I haven't had any problems with my foreskin so far. I love it, and I am glad I wasn't cut.

Some guys who don't clean under it regularly are more likely to catch an infection. However, if the guy, like me, keeps himself clean, nothing happens. Plus, phimosis (when the hole in the foreskin is too small, therefore you can't pull the skin back) can be corrected with creams or minor surgery not involving the complete removal of the foreskin.

It is fun to have one, and yes, we uncut guys are waaaayyyy more sensitive.

11. William1

I Googled (like I should have before asking on here - sorry) and one of the first sites said this stuff:

http://www.familymedicine.co.uk/features/circum4.htm

I'm not sure I understand all that, but they seem to be saying circumcision is a bad thing and not at all necessary, don't they? :confused:

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive been circumcised and my dad and 13yo brother has but my 10yo brother hasnt been

13. Kimi

Thank God for let me keep my foreskin:lol:
    Though he took my appendix...ohh well

Anyways, I heard that people cut off their son's foreskin because it can keep their penis clean and un infected but I heard that it will make no differences if you are cut or uncut as long as you wash under the foreskin(which I do)
    And also I heard about what jamieuk said:

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a lot of debate over whether circumcision is benign or horrific. My own personal opinion is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yes, you can get infections "down there" (I had a few ones when I was a young kid) but you just wash regularly and they clear up (or at least mine did). Burst appendices can kill you but we don't go around taking out everyone's appendix as a preventive measure just in case, do we? So why would you circumcise every boy just because he might get a (minor) infection?

People argue that it's a minor surgery but there have definitely been serious complications from it documented plus it's a super-sensitive area of the body so yeah, I've never figured out why it's such a big deal in the US (and to a lesser degree Canada).

And yeah, people who are uncut are much more sensitive than people who are cut--and why exactly do we want to reduce male sexual sensitivity?

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's exactly what I think too.

I read somewhere that some religions etc required it in the belief that it prevented males from masturbating, which they believe is a waste of sacred sperm.

That theory doesn't work though! We have proof here that circumcised guys can masturbate just as successfully as uncircumcised ones.