1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, May 15, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

In general.Do you just take things as they come or try to control everything in it?
    Do you have a more relaxed,dutiful,serious,determined,humourous attitude about it?
    What's your life philosophy?

:soapbox::beer::redface::eusa_booh:eusa_sile:king::confused2:

2. Spacewalker

I think everything happens for a reason that is not yet visible but when you look back everything fits. Also I think life should be half planning and half letting it happen. Sometimes you just have to change something and let the rest go its way.
    And I can say, it goes on. No matter what happens you can choose to let it crush you and give up or just get up, give it time and go with life. Life doesn't care about you. It just goes on and will take you with itself.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After my bf died in february I have a understandably huge problem with people who say everything happens for a reason like Spacewalker stated above. It is to the point where I don't feel comfortable using that phrase. I know she didn't mean to offend but it just hit me hard. But I am moving with my life and going to enjoy at every movement till death. What death taught is too embrace everything in life cause you never know it is gonna be gone. My bf may have been 47 but 47 is still young and he a lot of ambition and passion for his age and wanted still to succeed in his dreams in life. So no I question life and why shit happens and that is how I handle life at the same time working to enjoy it while it lasts. Life is fully of unanswered questions and you just have to get through it.

#3 dano218, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. Bravesole

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By taking life a day at a time, by planning ahead and cutting things down to size also manage pressure this way. My dad thought me this way and it helped me a fair bit.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Spontaneously and compassionately. That's how I try to live my life :slight_smile:
    @dano. I'm sorry to hear about your bf. If you ever want to talk, I'll listen. <3

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In real life I'm very stressful

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't handle it like how I should.

The philosophy I tell people to live by is pretty much "YOLO". In the similar words of JC Potts; life is what you make of it. This isn't dress rehearsal, so go out and do what you can to improve it if you don't like where it's going. Modify yourself, modify your life. Satanism echos that as well. This is your only shot at life, so go out there and fulfill your dreams and desires (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else) because it could be curtain call for you tomorrow. Live in the moment, and be for that instead of waiting for some afterlife that probably doesn't exist for everything to be there waiting for you.

I've taken the backseat to things and let them unfold, riding life on autopilot--even with my anxiety which leaves me on edge all the time. I have mixed feelings on how I see things and where I want to go. Some days, I see myself as an old man crocheting with my partner in our fabulous house full of LPs and kittens. Some days are a complete mystery, and others play out with me being dead in the ground before I'm 30. I don't have that pep in my step like I used to, and I'm not sure when to expect that to come back. So I'd say I take it more relaxed than I should, almost to the point where I'm wasting time doing nothing productive to improve my situations or myself as a person.

8. HugasaurusRex

I take every day as it comes. I have no choice. My personality changes from day to day. So how I react to one thing today may not be how I will react tomorrow. But as a standard, I make sure I treat everyone how I would want to be treated.

9. Spacewalker

@dano218, I've lost a few very important persons to me too and yes it hurts to actually say they left bc of a reason. It doesn't feel right to say that. But I couldn't handle it otherwisely. It's some kind of self protection; well in my eyes.

10. AKTodd

Spontaneity requires weeks of careful planning.

I am an unmitigated control freak - except when I'm demonstrating that apathy is a viable lifestyle choice:slight_smile:

My approach to problems is a combo of beating them to death with a very big stick and finding a way over, around, or through - whatever it takes.

I often consider myself very relaxed and laid back except about really important stuff. Many of my friends have indicated I'm a bit more...direct...about things. One of them once told me that my management style is 'Do it my way or I'll kill you.'

Todd:slight_smile:

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If I need to do something, I'll either learn how to do it or find somebody who can. I tend to plot and plan, though taking things as they come is also possible. I like having Plan B, C, D, E, F, all the way down to Z. I like knowing who knows what, how well, where they may be reached, and how their services may be guaranteed.

If push comes to shove,
    I'll look Life right in the eye...

[​IMG]

... and make it get out of my way.
    I've got ambitions to fulfill and goals to reach, there is no time for problems.​

12. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I handle my life the best way I know how

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation: