1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving maybe for good

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, May 15, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it is been a ride and I tried to positively engage others and shed light on things in a positive and tried to teach out the best I good to other lgbt christians on here. But that seems to hard and too many things get in the way. I am ok with opinions and disagreements but when you start to feel like you cannot be who you are than you know it is time to take a break maybe even moving on for good.

Again I am ok with disagreements, and everything else but you start to become desperate for acceptance and understanding and common ground without convincing anyone that let's say God is real which is not my intentions than you know it is time to close the book and start a new one. I am sorry to all i might let down but i could be back once I regain sanity. All my life all i longed for was to be accepted and understood and build unity with communities but this became too much and too hard. Goodbye!

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I don't think that should be your reason to leave.From what I've seen you've never attempted to "convert" anybody and remain positive trying to give others hope.
    Believing in something and having hope in something is never wrong.It wasn't you who made the mistakes so why leave for them?

Anyway i hope you're all right and that maybe you'll return someday.
    Good luck wherever life will lead you.

3. MouseKeeper

I'm sorry things didn't work out. I agree though. Discussions concerning religion can be tough. They were for me when I was christian, they still are as an atheist. I agree with the user above. It's always good to have something or someone to believe in. Without that, life can be very hard(it was that way for quite a while). I wish you luck and I'm glad you were able to spend some time here. You're always welcome to return if you change your mind.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Echoing everything said above. I for one appreciate your posts and insight.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I failed no matter how much this site can drive you crazy i have a soft spot for it and it is probably the only site out there to say the least that you can go to for anything. I gotta stop being so hard on myself first of all and rethink my approach to things but for the most part I am gonna here for awhile

6. MisterTinkles

Why do you have to LEAVE?

Just take a break. Take a week from EC, or a month, then come back when you are ready.

I'm sure this site isn't going anywhere.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only lasted a few hours but I am calmer now.

8. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Jesus never said it would be easy.
    look at the bright side, when I joined the other day, you got one more on your Gay/Bi Christian side of things.
    You have a whole bunch of asshole Christians to make up for before you can even begin to think about convincing people that a gay can be accepted by Christ.

9. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mark this day on the calendar, I actually agree with AG and appreciate your posts dano. Don't let the bastards grind you down. I can't remember what band that was, but it is a phrase to live by no matter what you believe.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. I appreciate that. I cannot leave no matter how hard I try I keep getting pulled back in lol

11. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Tinkles. If the site's getting on your nerves, you might want to take a break and see how you feel. If you feel better without posting on this site, then maybe leaving is the right thing to do. But if all you needed was some time off and you want to come back, then clearly you didn't really want to leave. Sometimes we just need to take breaks from things like this. I post on another site, a political forum, and it's WAY less moderated than this site; it allows a lot of nastiness to get by and sometimes I just need some time off from it. But I always end up returning because I like the community there (and of course if I ever felt that way about this site, I'd return for the same reason).

12. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    What is the political site
    or is it not ok to promote other sites here, if that is the case never mind. Not worth getting you or me banned over the question.

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah the problem also I have a lot of shit in my life now and it is not worth the stress of finding another site to innocently vent at. I am not trying to bash this site don't get wrong it is good in many ways and despite the crap I see now and than i think it is healthy to have a site to come too and lay it out there in a nice respectful way. My bf died, I am back living with my parents and honestly if i did not have this site to express deep feelings on I probably would fall back into depression. With that said this site really save lives which of course other sites do too. And no it doesn't help that is this site is one of the top sites in my browser but i just don't have any interest in finding another site.

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dano218, you are one of the strongest EC member I know when it comes to Christian faith. To be honest, even though I consider my faith strong, I cant do what you do in "defending" the Name of Christ. You have the guts and your faith is REALLY strong and firm, I admire you for that. Its really sad if you are really going to leave for good. There are only few members here whom I can say have a strong faith. I never even had a chance to talk to you :frowning2: Bi in MD is right, Jesus never said it would be easy. Just like what another strong Christian EC member said, Zane, "If you are following God and the path seems too easy, then you are following the wrong way."

I hope in your break you will find whatever youre looking for. I really hope that you will comeback here to show to other EC member how real LGBT+ Christians live and behave :slight_smile: I hope you come back again. God bless and remember that you will always be in my prayer.

15. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so sorry to hear about your boyfriend dying, everything else is a small bump in the road, but that is a major life event that has to really take a toll on you.

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well guess what I changed my mind. I need this site for own personal well being despite the crap it can endure and I will continue sharing my christian faith and prospective in a loving kind way without the intention of trying to make someone believe in something they. If there is this assumption going around that I hate atheists that is far from the truth because I don't care i have many personal friends who are atheists myself and I have respect for anyone. I believe in freedom and everything else that goes with it.

17. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely the added stress of a website isn't worth it if things are going badly in your life, but maybe try and make it more about talking to people and friends here rather than always going for controversial topics. As someone who thrives on controversy, it can get to be too much sometimes, I know it.

Being a gay Christian is never easy because we are on the forefront of two groups who are supposed to "hate each other" and no one wants to have to be attacked form both sides and be the unfortunate mediator. But that's why gay Christians can't back down because we need to show both sides that their hostility is unwarranted and unnecessary. There are not enough gay religious voices, I feel, and we need as many as we can get on this site :slight_smile:

18. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Maybe it made me more emotional and passionate on this forum and I cannot deny his passing probably made me more passionate about things and more emotional at times. But I am not crying over his death and i am enjoying my time on this earth so it is getting better.

---------- Post added 15th May 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Well in al honestly now things kind of suck but I hope to be out of my parents house by summer and that will help me regain my sanity and I will be more back to normal. Not that my parents are horrible people but I constantly have to explain my independence to them and it gets to be too much. Your right this sites needs more gay christians and sometimes when you feel stuck in a uncomfortable situation it is because God wants you to make it better!

#18 dano218, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have been one of my favorite, most consistent fellow Christians on this site. Your example is strong, and I certainly wish to emulate it. The fact that you were able to marry someone who loves you, even with his passing, seems like a pipe dream to many of us.