1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say what?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PlantSoul, May 15, 2015.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Where do I even begin? My grandmother keeps going on about me having to do things that will make me prettier/using my pretty looks to my advantage in life. She keeps bringing this up, and I'm honestly starting getting fed up.

For instance, I sometimes forget to comb my hair. I pretty much always have it pulled back, so it's never really all over my head. I was going to go over her house, and she saw that my hair wasn't combed and told me that as a pretty woman I had to comb my hair everyday before leaving the house, and how it wasn't like if I were a man.

...So, men can leave their homes without combing their hair and it's socially acceptable? I'm dumbfounded. This is so stupid if it's true.

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is most certainly NOT true. I too do not comb my hair because I like it to look messy. My parents always talk about me not being feminine enough but I find androgynous style very beautiful and don't let others tell you otherwise! Be and do what you want, people will love you for being who you are and if they don't, forget them.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to be a little permissive of people who were raised in a time period when that was the norm.