1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Believe In The Illuminati?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, May 17, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I think it's complete and utter crap, but my Mum has been obsessed with it since Michael Jackson's death. She thinks it explains the deaths of celebrities such as Michael, Aaliyah, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, Tupac etc etc, and public figures such as Princess Diana of Wales, JFK , Mahatma Ghandi. Other claims made by conspiracy theorists include the government having cures for AIDS and cancer, that 9/11 was an inside job and that vaccines cause either homosexuality or autism. Does anyone believe this stuff?

2. MrSkittles

No. My friends do but I don't. If they were real wouldn't they have shown themselves by now?

3. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is apart of the gay agenda that it I'm taking your gay membership card away.

4. Im Hazel

The Illuminati were a real group. See, here. However, they promoted social equality and were purely masonic and stuff. They would have no influence in America.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Sure.I'm working for them.=P

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. MisterTinkles

There is some truth behind some of that. But the truth has been lost over time, due to fables, legends, folklore, and gossip changing the stories and 'facts' over the many years.

"9-11" was an inside job and Bush DID know about it. Otherwise there would have been retaliation on the USA's part to bomb the shit out of somebody, somewhere.

Vaccines don't cause things, they prevent them.
    But if you mean that the government puts shit in stuff they give out for "free" to the public, like the flu shots........then yes, they put stuff in them. Although you cannot make someone gay, you can give someone Autistic conditions that resemble the real condition.

9. timo

Haha, no.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe there are some powerful secret societies out there, but nothing hegemonic as Illuminati believers claim it to be.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes, but not in the way most individuals do.

The Illuminati you see and hear about in entertainment is simply a deescalating front, and the real organization is more akin to what OldLies said.

Remember, the easiest way to keep something in activity is to mock and ridicule it, because it loses it's power. If no one takes it seriously, it cannot be serious. But in this case, it doesn't matter because the power and influence is still theirs to use, even if folks take them seriously or not.

12. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought I saw you at that meeting! Did you get the pamphlet about the world takeover? :grin:

13. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm there leader. Didn't the people here tell you..

Happy days :slight_smile:

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course.
    [​IMG]

To be serious though, I know they were an actual group like centuries ago, but the claims that there is currently an Illuminati have very little evidence with very little credibility.

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    There have been many conspiracies in history that are so called because they can't be explained by simple status quo cause-and-effect logic. Like, it's just 'too good to be true' although it's not necessarily 'good' at all of course.

Since the dawn of humankind, governments have lied to their peoples. It is a way of maintaining stability. (though, again, can be bad).

And, as Hazel said, the Illuminati were a legit group with some serious ambitions, that's historical fact.

Yes, I do believe that many deaths and happenings throughout history and in recent times have been done, by secret societies and (more so, I think) by governments.

However, I do not believe that there are one or a few secret societies that control the world, no.

16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely do think there are organisations that have influence and are overlooked. Putting a label on it, giving it a name, that's not of importance.

So do I think the Illuminati is real? It depends on how you'd define it. People attribute way too many things to it in my opinion, but it might exist, who knows. If anything, they might go by a different name. =)

Exactly, they existed. However, these days people refer to the Illuminati as some organisations that seeks to establish a New World Order (which is, in my opinion, something that won't happen partially due to people's egoistic nature and due to other factors, but I shouldn't get too entertained here now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).

I agree with this. In fact, there's been a program in this country which was about inventions (Het Beste Idee van Nederland [meaning: The Best Idea of the Netherlands]) and there was a guy who had some alternative fuel which was much more eco-friendly and much more efficient. At least, so he claimed. He wanted to show it next week, but it got stolen and he got blackmailed into stopping.

Of course, it could be hoaxed, but it makes one think... Especially oil companies don't have a very nice reputation, always. It's not all that crazy to think they might cluster together to form some organisation that seeks to stop those that stand in their way of achieving more money.

#16 Quem, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  17. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Little known fact, the Illuminati are the antagonists in the Street Fighter 3 series and the final boss of the games is also the "President" of the illuminati. Not only that but he's a godlike multicolored stripper who can summon meteors and raise himself from the dead. I fucking love SF3 xD

The real Illuminati is boring and doesn't matter but apparently people care about them for some reason

18. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not in the way people say about the music industry and stuff. Obviously there was a real group called the Illuminati, but they don't control the world through Hollywood. Although, check out the music video to 2Chainz's song "Murder". There is Illuminati symbolism in the background of the video. It's not a conspiracy--it's there. But I'm pretty that's just a producer messing with people.

[​IMG]

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That's an example of the ridicule and mockery I was talking about. It makes people associate such a possibility to being a joke. It's similar to politicians, so many of them are bashed and ridiculed, yet they do hold serious power which has serious consequences.

Also, on the topic of Illuminati symbolism. People were up in arms about Katy Perry's "Dark Horse". People also talk about Jay-Z's hand gestures being Illuminati, even though we all know DDP of wrestling fame did the "diamond hand"-thing waaaay before, LOL.

20. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I did the "diamond hand" in one of my dances for my hip hop dance class. Of course, I was trying to mind control the audience... :wink: