1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened immediately after you came out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovesg, May 17, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like I could come out to my family soonish but I'm kind of worried about what types of questions they will ask. I don't want to be honest about me being gay and then not want to answer questions you know. What types of questions were you asked? Or did they ask nothing?

2. guitar

Honestly they asked me some questions during the coming out conversation, and since there's been hardly a word spoken. I'm actually really glad they haven't asked anything too personal (like how many guys I've been with or top/bot).

Most friends/family once they know and you tell them a bit, will usually leave it alone. At least that's my experience.

3. CyanChachki

Oh wow.. so much. When I came out as Bisexual, I was in middle school and I had came out to a few people previously but I came out to everyone when I was in the 9th grade and it was going well for a bit. I had friends who most of them identified as LGBTQ+ and they where okay with it. The rest of the school? Not so much. I was teased, picked on.. a whole mess. I denied everything I said. I refused to tell my teachers and my parents that I was Bisexual and about a year and a half after that, I came out again, to my family and my dad and my sisters where cool with it but my mom didn't talk to me and I just kinda dealt with it.

They would tell me to hush up in public, when I started talking about it. My mom didn't want to be seen during the first pride parade we went to.. idk. It was very uncomfortable and when I went home, I cried. I cried because I was hurt. When we drove home, my mom and I had a conversation about the drag queens we saw and the first thing she said to me was "Don't you be dressing up like them." and that was the first time I really stood up for myself and stood against her because it was very offensive. I didn't see the problem with it, at all.

I never really officially came out as Transgender..they just sort of know what's going on and they choose to ignore it. They still call me by my birth name and use all the wrong pronouns and there's really nothing I can do about it. I basically told them that they're either with me or against me and if their friends and beliefs are more important than me, then they can get lost because family or not, I'm no longer going to hold myself back in order to accommodate to their wants and needs. I have been doing it for 9 years and I gained nothing out of it. I have been helping them get their lives on track and they're very ungrateful for the things I've done for them and the sacrifices I've made in order to keep their lives afloat. I needed to get my life on a roll. I needed to do the things I wanted and needed to do and this is one of them. I'm not sitting back anymore and fearing the thought of losing them. I lost them when I came out and that's the hard reality that I had to face.

4. robclem21

I went to work and life went on as per usual as it always had before I came out.

5. MrSkittles

Just got a whole bunch of jokes and comments from my "friends" and another "friend" told me he doesn't support it and jokes about it. My family were cool with it and so was my school.

6. MetalRice

Well, when I came out as bisexual to my mom, I just immediately ran out of the room and went back to what I had been doing before; and we didn't talk about the matter for weeks.

She eventually came around through.

7. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a heck of a lot of questions from both of my parents. I guess they were just curious. Good thing was I already had my answers planned to most of them. Both my mum and dad seemed quite kean to want to talk about it a lot in the weeks afterwards. But apart from that, it was just exactly as it had been before. No different whatsoever.

8. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom was very accepting, but she did kind of go off on a tangent about not just sleeping around with random people, which was weird.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see...my memory is hazy, but I distinctly remember my bottom being smacked, then the doctor said...OH!! You meant "came out about your sexuality!"

I remember telling mom that I could see myself falling in love with either men or women. I was 16 or 17. She took it in...didn't seem to affected. I wasn't really sure how she processed it. Later, though, when I turned up with a gf, there were no issues. My parents absolutely treat my partner like part of the family. The interesting thing is that whenever it does come up that I am bisexual (or that we are bisexual), they both do get quiet and uncomfortable. I have to believe it's because they fear threats to our relationship and stability, rather than any other reason. I think they just don't get it.

10. ApexxShadow

I came out via letter, I was at the mall while it was happening. Then once I got home I fell asleep. After that, my mom bullshitted me ._.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I left a note where my dad would find it. Then I was playing on the computer and my dad walked into the room, and I asked him what was up because he had this uncomfortable look on his face, and he wordlessly held up my note, and I was like, "...Oh."

After that he talked to me for five or so minutes, but I can't remember exactly what he said because I sorta spaced out in a period of disbelief. After a while my little sister came into the room and got me, and later when I was getting ready for bed my mom and dad came to me and talked for another five or so minutes. Maybe more like ten. My mom, who desperately wants me to have children someday, told me I should adopt kids. :confused: And she also said she had suspected for a while, though didn't explain why.

If I was asked any questions, I don't remember them. I do remember a while after (a different day) my mom asked me what kind of girls I like, but other then that... *shrugs*

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With my sexuality, nothing really. Nobody really cared, until my mom snooped around on my Myspace and found out I had come out as bi. She wanted me to take it down, and I never said much until I was a freshman in high school, where nobody really gave a shit how queer I was.

With being trans, it played out much the same. Nobody in my online network cared, until I told my mom. She seemed fine with it at first, then made it into an issue about money. A "Don't expect me to pay for it" and "I'm not paying for it" type of thing, as if I was telling her to fund my transition. One ex-friend seemed cool with it, until I heard he was misgendering me behind my back. Another friend was really chill about it, calling me a brother to him, which was great.

Jump to a few years later, and nobody has really had a fit about it. A few people have given me hell for it, but I've either cut them out of my life or have to deal with them because I live under the same roof as them.

13. Hiems

Came out to the LGBT club at my university as a part of icebreakers. No one really cared, as expected :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They were more shocked at the fact that I was the youngest of six siblings, than the fact that I'm gay.

14. SpangleDangle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i first came out to my sister when i was wayyy younger. i didn't really know how to say it to her so i wrote it on paper and gave to her instead haha. she read it then looked at me and said "you didn't need to tell me i already knew for years" and lit me a smoke ahaha.
    i was pretty relieved after that and shes been cool about it ever since, honestly didn't expect that response though!
    other family have responded the same way over the years after
    finding out as well :lol: <3

15. nohalos

My friends always asked me, when did you find out you were gay? When was the first time you felt attracted to the same-sex? Who's your crush right now?....

Never came out to family because it's a little too risky for me right now.