1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so... how many other subs are out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 447, May 17, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you think it affects your entire personality? I know I definitely prefer and enjoy being a submissive partner, and I do think it's almost more of a personality trait than a sexual thing for me. How about you guys?

2. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know there are plenty out there, and if thats what they like then I think its great for them, however, for some reason I look for equal in a relationship.
    except for spiders, I want the other person to be the one that is in charge of saving me from spiders.. the only thing in life I fear, I would rather face a hundred hungry head hunters than a garden spider.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think my submissiveness was affected by my personality, not the other way around.

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have personal problems with the dom sub thing.
    If I am the dominant one, I would feel like I was taking advantage of or even raping my partner, this would kill it for me.
    If I was the submissive I might feel like I was being used or raped, this would cause a possible serious argument.

5. Im Hazel

I'm a sub, and it is nothing like the rest of my personality. I am usually fairly aggressive in arguments, and stuff.

6. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In contrast to the other responses, I feel I'd be a "top", sexually.
    But my personality is definitely quite submissive and passive (introverted, also).

I believe it's purely a sexual interest or fetish; but in some ways, personality traits can factor into it.

7. Lipstick Leuger

Meh. It has nothing to do with personality, you can't look at me and think 'there's a Sub', yet I am. I actually struggled with it for a bit because I AM such a strong, assertive, and professional woman, that I wondered what the heck...

Oh, and behavior in the sack has nothing to do with your general relationship, unless you are in a 24/7 relationship, which is a small portion of the BDSM community. Most of us have equality in a relationship yet thrive on the M/s or D/s type of bedroom behavior.

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Totally agree with you! Whoever my future girlfriend is, she HAS to be the designated spider-killer. It is a requirement.

In response to the question, not into the whole d/s thing but 9 times out of 10 in my fantasies, I'm the one being pleasured. It's not that I wouldn't want to "take care of" my partner. That's just how it seems to play out in my dreams.

#8 XenaxGabby, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known plenty of men and women who have dominant, aggressive personalities, but are totally submissive in bed. There's a correlation between men who have jobs requiring competition and bossing others around who are into being humiliated by mistresses, for example.

In others, they might align. I think most people have a little of both in them, personally, and those who haven't given one thing a try might be more adamant about being "strictly" one thing or another.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not completely sure. I know that I am submissive both sexually and personality wise. And I'm extroverted.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a huge submissive. :3

12. Simple Thoughts

I'd imagine I'd be sub in bedroom stuff ( Given my thoughts, but lack of experience really keeps me from a definitve answer ) however, I can't imagine anything besides equal in a relationship. Even if we're equal more in a "balance of duties/roles" as opposed to "equal in all things" I just don't like the idea of there being a divide of power in a relationship as a whole, it sounds unhealthy to me.

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

insert joke about meatball sub/cold sub/whatever, this is a sub sandwich joke fuck it.

14. QueerQueen

Only submissive in bed. It doesn't match my personality at all.