1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do women always go to public toilets in groups?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miaplacidus, May 29, 2007.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey girls, could any of you answer that question? It's one of the mysteries of humanity...

When women have to use a public toilet, they always go in groups. I have never found out why. We men go alone most of the time...

2. radgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We go together to talk about YOU!

3. LowestVocal017

What's funny is, I've always wanted a small group of people to talk to in the bathroom, a group that would walk in there with me to work on our "touch-up's" and to talk about issues and whatnot. Sadly, this is a thing that comes more naturally to my girlfriends than my guyfriends, and because we don't have coed public bathrooms, I don't get to do with them what they do together, which is rather sad, I think.

I don't know if my reply here combined with the fact that I'm gender non-conformed provides any insight as to why women walk into public restrooms in groups rather than alone.

4. americandollposse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Women go to the bathroom together to gossip and to keep each other company.

5. Kimi

...That's why girls never gone to restroom leaving me alone...Wait:confused: :eusa_eh: :eek:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple: women are taught it's okay to go to the washroom in groups. Men are taught it's absolutely verboten... and even more verboten to talk to another guy in the washroom. If I see a guy in the washroom carrying on a conversation, my immediate assumption is that he's gay, because straight guys "just don't do that."

7. GuitarGirl1350

We don't feel safe in public restrooms (sometimes that's me) or we have something to say that isn't appropriate table conversation :wink: (that's usually me) or we're figuring out how to get out of the horrible double date. (never done that...)

8. SadConfusedBandGeek

hahah lol i dont really have any idea why u guys do it (I am a guy lol) But i feel the need to share my bathroom stories here:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I was in the city one time for provincial band (hahaha yaaa) And there was another guy there and 2 girls and the 2 girls would always go to the bathroom together and of course....me being me...i had to scream POTTTY PARRRTY!!! everytime they went in:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And another time before class i had to go the bathroom and so did 2 girls so we both went and i got bac like a bit before them, and they are like "Did you wash your hands??" I am like yaa... They are like "How did you get back so fast then?"
    And i of course said... "Because i dont have to sit down!"

lol anyway sharing time for me is over:slight_smile::slight_smile: byebye

9. SpikySpice

Ahahaha Fred, I told you taht you are special, lol, seems like the girls went to the bathroom together just to talk bout you^^[​IMG]

Ahaha, ya'll killing me from laughing over here. I guess I'll have to ban my bathroom evertime the girls come over^^[​IMG]

Anyway, ahem, I agree with Joey that the guys will be sonsider unormal or 'gay' if they go to the bathroom together, taht's what happened to some of the dudes in my school when they walked in the br together, and some people just started to talk about them

10. aprilblue426

i myself am puzzled at y we need to go to the restroom to gossip, but, eh. it's just what girls do, i guess. some mysteries should remain mysteries...

11. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha i was thinking about it..do i really go to the bathrooms in groups ALL the time?? and the answer is "yes". lol why??? I have no idea! It's such a natural thing "I need to go to the bathroom...yah me too" and there we go. lol We do touch ups together, gossip, mix drinks, role joints, in groups all the time :rolleyes: I have some good times in public bathrooms.

12. LowestVocal017

Makes me jealous all over again. Hmphhh... :dry:

13. LowestVocal017

SadConfused, while I can understand that this was meant for humour, what does it have to do with the discussion of this thread?

14. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel compelled to point out the stereotyping, especially because this is emptyclosets.

:icon_sad:

15. Andy_92

Andy_92 Guest

At our school people always break the locks off the doors, so the girls in our group 'have' to go in pairs, one to hold the door while the other one is in and then they swap.

Its kinda comical when they are trying to ask people to go. But we all have jokes about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But i agree, its portrayed as a crime for guys to do that. If you walk out together you get funny looks.!

16. Ty

Ty Guest

Your using the word verboten alot ^_^

And often my friends at school go to the toilets together (male) and their all 100% straight, so i don't think thats so true.

17. Psychedelic Bookmarks

lol really? That's so wierd... :icon_wink When a woman says "I'm going to the toilet", it's normal and sociable to say "Oh, I need to go too" and then you go together. It's fine to go alone, of course, but people tend to go at the same time.

18. Psychedelic Bookmarks

:thumbsup:
    That's also true. It's a stereotype. I'd say I only go to the toilet with someone else about 40% of the time.

19. Étoile

I know what joeyconnick is talking about. Where I live, two guys going to the restroom together raises eyebrows. A lot of times at school, when a guy asks to go to the restroom and another asks right after him, the teacher asks why and often times won't let them go together and other classmates will comment, saying they're going to have sex, but no one ever says anything to girls.

Besides, who would want to hang out in a men's public restroom? It almost always smells and it's not very comforting to constantly hear bodily wastes being removed from the body to the toliet. LOL

20. Trumpetplyer23

I think I'm the only girl in the world who doesn't use the 'buddy system' when going to the bathroom. I go alone, because I'm brave, lol.

Seriously, I just don't feel the need to bring someone with me. I don't have a clue why.