1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Love Yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 19, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Basically, do you like yourself? And if so, how much?

Are you proud of the things you've done, or the role you fulfill for those in your life?

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

...it's more of a love hate relationship

A pretty fucked up one...:lol:

I'm not really proud...what should i be proud of?i wouldn't have archived anything without natural talents given to me without me doing anything to deserve them.
    However i do have pride.Having pride and being proud are two different things.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm learning a lot to love myself and accept myself, so it's an ongoing process but I suppose so. :thumbsup:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Tough question.
    I like to think I'm something who matters to at least a few people and that I'm able to sift some of the dark out of the world by trying my best.
    Then again, I hate myself for... well, being trans often isn't that good for your self-esteem...

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. I love myself, I think a healthy amount at least (I guess? How does one measure self-love afterall?). I'm definitely proud of the things I've done, and I can trust myself when it comes to doing big things right (now if only I could trust myself to do the dishes consistently...). Even the bad decisions, I'm mostly proud of how I handled them in the end too.

My favourite thing about myself is my follow-through.

6. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be honest, I don't love myself

7. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes 2 maybe 3 times a day..

8. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hells yes, the rest of the world that says otherwise can f%#$ off :slight_smile:

9. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My body is ready for the love, gets lube and phone out. Yeah showing my body love feels so good.

10. Lyana

Sometimes I don't like myself, but I definitely love myself. Kind of like the way my brother or close friends are flawed and are sometimes irritating, but that doesn't make me love them any less.

11. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to. It's a work in progress.

12. Jellal

I like myself for basically everything despite physical appearances.

I'm not very proud of my accomplishments so far, though. I guess what makes me happiest is the possibility that I've changed some peoples' lives for the better, both friends and family. I'll be more proud of myself the more I'm able to do this, and I want to do it in my own specific way. Having my work published one day would definitely boost my self-esteem.

My favorite thing about myself is my taste in fantasy aesthetics.

13. Burnedcloset

No I don't think I do.

I think I Experience short term happiness when I do something exciting or I have something fun to do with my life for a day or something. All in all I don't love myself.

I haven't achieved anything. I haven't done anything. I don't know if I love or care about anyone anymore. I don't know if anyone loves me for me anymore. I'm not happy with my personality.

I'm living just to be living. I don't feel that if I die today I've lived a fulfilled life.

14. HugasaurusRex

I more than love myself...I adore myself. And in a way I am in love with myself. After all the shit I have dealt with, and survived it, I am proud of myself. I love myself for being the person I am today. For not turning bitter and hating everyone even though when I was younger it always seemed like people were against me. Even when people told me "I can't" I proved to them that I can! I was told in school I was stupid and would get no where in life, so I got a degree. But more over, I accepted who I was/am and I could not be more happier about it!
    The main thing I love about me is how caring for others I am and how much I LOVE giving people hugs and seeing them smile. A happy person = a happy Jay.

15. biisme

1. There are qualities I would like to improve on, but yes. I do love myself.

2. And I am proud of who I am. Not what I've done, not things I've said, not what I will do in the future - but who I am at my core: the things I believe, the love I feel for the people in my life, and the dreams I have for my future.

3. My favorite thing about myself is my humour. If I weren't able to laugh at myself, then I would have a real problem.

16. The Wallflower

I want to say I do, but I can't. There are still way too many things I dislike about myself. T:

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh. I've really been trying to work on it. :lol:

After many hours of after-school-special morals being hammered and smushed into the crevices of my brain, I imagine I've retained some base knowledge of loving myself. Of knowing that weird is good. weird means I'm good. all people are good. However, putting that information into actual feeling of affection for myself is the difficult part.

I can recite "I love myself" in several languages, in pig latin, backwards, forwards, or while doing a little jig, but that does not make the statement true. I remember laying in bed around the age of eleven or so, and imagining dying in my sleep, and waking up the next day as a new person. Of all the new cool qualities and talents I might possess, or of how people would simply like me, because I would be anything other than what I went to sleep as. Despite now knowing how detrimental that train of thought is, I still find myself travelling it sometimes. But, I've been trying to love myself. Really. Sorry for the long post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

tldr; Sure.

18. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Are you kidding? I freaking love myself :lol:

Now I'm gonna be a bit more serious.

I have high standards, and to me, I haven't achieved anything that worth being proud of. I make a terrible son because I know that, in order to achieve what I want, I will have to break my parents' heart. I've lied, cheated, been an ass. I am a chronic procrastinator. Yes, I am my worst inner critic. And I hate it when someone else points out my flaw, they think I don't know already?!

I digress.

The thing is being proud of yourself is not the same thing as loving yourself. I've learned to love myself unconditionally. If I don't allow myself to see my own good traits, I will be crushed under the pressure of this world. When I see myself, I see someone who's trying hard to overcome his flaws, I see someone who can make use of almost any situation. Basically, I realize my own potential. And it's big :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure how I can

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know that I 'love' myself as such. I suppose I don't really hate myself, but I don't think I'm very capable at self-importance and could never really see myself as any better than others. I try to 'like' myself, though this can be a struggle sometimes when my self-worth and confidence are low.