1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If You Could Read Minds...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 19, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

How ethical would you be with it? Would you use it simply as entertainment, to confirm things, or to get ahead in life?

To make this a little more interesting, let us say you could only select 5 individuals and their minds to read, who would those 5 individuals be and why?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I get asked "What would you rather have, x or mind reading?" I always pick x. I don't like the thought of others invading my privacy, so I don't wish to invade others'... But if I was able to mind read, I'd just use it to find out the truth if I thought someone was lying to me. Then I would stay out of their minds.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that if I had mind reading, I'd get hurt too easily. I don't want to know what other people are thinking.

4. CrazyAwkward

The possibility of someone else knowing my most private thoughts makes me uncomfortable, so I've never had much of an interest in having that ability. There are times when I really, REALLY wish I knew what was going on in someone's head though. So if I could read minds, I guess I would at least in those situations.

I can't think of 5 specific people. Only one comes to mind at the moment, mostly because I wish I knew if they're ok or not.

5. Jellal

Given the shit that goes through my head, I can safely say I would want nobody reading my mind, nor would I want to read anyone else's mind. Aren't our actions and behaviors unsettling enough?

6. Gandee

Gandee Guest

This ^^

7. Im Hazel

I don't really know. I guess that I'd have a tough time restraining myself. I'd probably cheat in tests. If I didn't know the answer, I don't see how I could stop myself.

If I had to choose 5 people, it would be my paternal grandma ('cause she's manipulative and stuff), my dad (to see how he is) and I'd save the other three until I really needed them. If I had to choose immediately, I guess whoever my crush is at the time, then whoever is leader of the two most influential countries.

8. HugasaurusRex

I'd choose no one. I am not interested in other people's privacy. What they do or think is their own business and not mine.

9. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Do i look like Edward Cullen to you?

(typing in yellow is my evil revenge =P

10. wolf of fire

Yes, really I would love any power that puts me at an advantage over others. Do this include manipulating minds as well? I would love to be able to make people see things or not see things for example: I would like an 18 rated film (I'm 16) so I could make the serurity guard think he has seen something so he isn't looking at me and steal it. Than I could leave it in my room and no one would notice it. I would also find out how the girl I like feels and how to get her to go back out with me.
    Yes I am evil