1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy 90th Birthday Malcolm X

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, May 19, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

Thank you for fighting for us, Malcolm. Rest in peace, brother

2. Gen

Gen

This is interesting because I only recently found out that he was allegedly bisexual.

Although I do know that he was not as combative as people tend to believe that he was, I completely admit to not being aware of all of his views enough to cosign to every belief he held. So, I won't say that I would follow his beliefs over other figures of his time, but...

[​IMG]

I might follow him to his bedroom. I might follow him to a date. He could stand at my podium. I'm just saying...

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have recently been educating myself on the Honorable Malcolm X, and I have yet to read or listen to a sentiment he expressed that I disagreed with. He was also a very eloquent person, and I feel that other modern social movements could use the fire that burned in his heart.

We love anybody who loves us. But we don't love anybody who doesn't love us. We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us. But we are not nonviolent with anyone who is violent with us.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Gen, you're terrible!

But I guess you've got to get a date, by any means necessary, right?

5. Gen

Gen

I agree. Many people give credit for Martin Luther King for being nonviolent without acknowledging that nonviolence was not the basis of change in the civil rights movement. Violence was always at the center of the movement. In fact, the only reason why nonviolent protests were successful was because they were met with violence. It wasn't until nonviolent protesters were being beaten and killed on live television that the general public began to pay attention.

It is sad that we only pay attention to people if they are violent or if they have been victims of violence, but it is true nevertheless.
    Hey, I want people to look back on my life and think "Damn, I would hit that!". It is honestly the highest form of respect. :lol: