1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the Only One?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForeverLost, May 19, 2015.

1. ForeverLost

I am SUPER excited to come out. :eusa_danc
    I hate feeling like I'm fake, in other words, not being myself. The other day my mom took me dress shopping because my friends are graduating and I'm a class marshal so she wants me to dress up (so does one of my friends and I HATE her for that but anyways...) and I literally couldn't help hating myself because dresses are so feminine and I just... I just couldn't.
    My plan is to come out to my school's guidance councilor first and then if my parents accept me, OK!! If they don't OK!! Maybe I can get out of this small, stupid, horrible, trap of a town.
    But if everything backfires and my guidance councilor is a transphobic and she outs me to my parents and my parents don't accept... I haven't figured out my full escape plan yet but here's part of it:
    I change my name to Pablo, move to Mexico, become a donkey farmer.
    (I'm kidding)

Anyways, is anyone else super excited?

2. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

I totally understand how you are feeling. I was so excited to come out to my parents as Bi.......but then I was outed when they read my texts to a girl I liked......it sucked :bang:

Anyway, to me at least, it seems pretty normal to want to be able to be the "real you". It's like when you tell a lie and they regret it but you can confess.

P.S. good luck with the donkey farm :icon_bigg :lol: :icon_wink

3. ForeverLost

Haha, thank you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. AKTodd

I wasn't excited about coming out, but neither was I fearful or even very nervous. It was just something I was going to do/did.

Todd

5. CyanChachki

Mhm. And I hate the questions that follow as well. I identify as male but I'm also a drag queen. I have been asked many questions like "Are you confused?" or "Why are you a drag queen if you're aspiring to become male?" - it's irritating, really. I don't know how many times I have to tell someone that most drag queens do their job because they love doing it and at the end of the day, they want to take all that make up and drag off and continue their lives as male. Just because I'm transgender, doesn't mean that I can't do it. I want to be the one that blazes the trail for others like me, the ones who are too afraid to be who they want to be.

Still, people just don't understand even though it's not really that hard. Wearing dresses, feminine clothing or make up around someone who doesn't get it, is exhausting but I do it because it's who I am. If no one likes it, then I'm sorry, that's too bad because I'll still do it whether the world likes it or not.. be yourself, be true to who you are and don't let people make the decisions for you. If your mom isn't going to buy you the clothing you want, take up a job and buy your own if you can. Something that I've learned along the way is that if you allow people to control your thoughts and feelings as far as clothing, sexuality and gender goes, then their control and opinions will only get stronger through time. Do not let them break you. I know it sounds easier said than done but believe me, once you actually do it, you'll feel SO much happier. By all means, take your time if you really do need it but my advice is, try to break away from her opinions as soon as you can. It's easier once you move out and have your own life, trust me.

6. ForeverLost

Thank you for the advic :eusa_clap:icon_bigg