1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CJliving, May 20, 2015.

1. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm watching a documentary and decided to ask you guys. What are your identities? Who are you? What are you?

I'm a privilaged white stereotype minus the cis/straight part (middle-class, university, Christian). Canadian. Expat. Older sibling. Artist. Teacher.

2. biisme

I am a white, upper-middle class, spiritual not religious, bisexual female. I am American, Liberal, and a middle child. I am a baker and accountant. Swimmer, reader, woodworker.

3. Justinian20

I am an Aussie man who has a relatively light tone of skin colour, I am a great part of the middle class Australian group and I am a complete atheist man. I am also a gay man who is rather let's say liberal, I am the Malcolm in the middle of my family.

I have many personalities(so many bwahahahahahahaha) That is showing off my acting talent as I consider myself an actor man, I am also a man of entertainment, the entertainment industry is where I see myself. I am also a reader, a writer. And that is all.

4. SilkySilhouette

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Student in 11th grade, Bulgarian.
    Polite, observant and meek.
    Pessimist.
    I have a younger half-brother.
    I live with my dad.
    I love flowers and animals.
    I love Miley Cyrus.
    Eager to play tennis, but no one to play with.

And so on, and so on.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a Chinese-American adoptee struggling with gender identity. Bi/pan, a high school student, middle-class, agnostic atheist, introverted, and from a liberal family. Runner (cross country and track), photographer, and pianist. Panda lover.

#5 Tai, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  6. tscott

I am:
    American
    upper-middle class
    private school educated...studied a year at the University of London...highest degrees: M.A. in English, M.A.Ed.
    only child
    divorced with 3 children - 11, 18, 21
    teacher
    Scottish descent
    Episcopalian, former Catholic
    1st tenor in a gay men's chorus
    dog lover
    sports enthusiast: hockey, rugby, baseball
    Hobbies: sailing, birding, cooking, musical theatre
    bear

7. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Im just an average white guy who happens to be Bi, I am conservative to the point that I consider all presidents since at least 1980 to have been liberals.

Just like everyone else, I went to school, a little college, Ive worked for a living. I am now going back to college (start in a week) to get another degree, this one in addiction counseling so I can spend my retirement working to actually help people. My way of trying to give something back to society. I know, its lame.

I dont buy into the white privilage bullshit at all. Since I became the legal age to work affirmative action was in place, I went to college with blacks, I went through the military with blacks, I have worked with blacks my entire career. If all of those can do it, then any of them can. race is a crutch that needs to be kicked out from under people.

8. Sevan

I am a white, DFaB Agender, born middle-class in America, with a dual citizenship in Portugal thanks to my immigrant mother. My parents divorced when I was younger. I was split between them.
    I graduated from a public high school, but haven't tried college due to lack of ambition. Or at least, ambition I could stick with. I used to go to a private school, but got kicked out because I attacked this kid who was attacking my older brother.
    I'm demisexual, though I just tell people I'm bi because that's easier for them to understand (sometimes).
    I'm not really religious. I used to be, a long time ago when I was a little kid. But maybe I felt betrayed by it when things began to go wrong. I'm open to religion, but right now I'm not.. religious. I guess.
    I have an older and younger brother. And he's young enough that I know what it's like to be first the youngest child and then the middle child.
    I currently work doing some freelance writing. It's the only thing I can do consistently in the comfort of my home.
    I don't have a political standing. Thinking about politics makes my head hurt.
    I love nature-bound areas, love the rich natural way the earth is. I'd live alone in the woods if I didn't think it would offend some people close to me.

That's about it, I guess.

9. Yosia

*questions existence*

10. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sevan, you might want to consider at least a little interest in the politics around you.
    couple things you mentioned that you have interest in that depend on the right people in office to protect them
    your sexuality, we need people that will work for your right to be who you are.
    Your love for nature, some politicians want to bulldoze and build, some want to preserve natural areas, they need votes to do that. yours would help

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 11:40 AM ----------

you post, therefore you are.

no need to thank me, its what Im here for. to help.

11. Sevan

Very true. Unfortunately, for all I've tried, I just can't get myself to take an interest in it beyond the bare surface. Right now, I'm young. And I know that I'll need to be able to support my own rights. I know that! But I don't think I'm mentally mature enough to really take an interest in politics that isn't the bare essentials.
    I'm sure when I'm a little more independent, I'll feel the need to get more involved. For now, that's just not the case.

12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    35 year old genderqueer.
    I'm a cleaner.
    I love chocolate.
    I have a Mr happy tattoo

13. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I feel weird describing my identity according to my skin color, nationality, career, sexuality, you get the grip.

I am the guy who will make the most of his life =)

14. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    let me put it this way. Things that are voted on to become law today, wont actually show any affect until years downt the road. so lets say me, at the age of 56 votes on a master plan for that section of wooded heaven next door to your house, and I vote that it becomes a shopping mall and a unitarian church complete with full grades 1 through 6 religious school. Of course, this all wont be completely done for 20 years.
    once done, you will be 40, I will be slobbering into a drool cup sitting in a nursing home waiting for a nurse to come change my depends (if Im even still alive)
    In reality, Im not voting for me anymore, Im voting on things that will affect you.

wouldnt you rather be the one to vote on things that will affect you, instead of people that wont even be around voting on those things?
    think energy, gun control (either side of the argument) health care, gay rights, environmental issues, world issues and so on. I can vote the hell out of spending money now when I know Im going to retire in a few years and you are the one thats going to be stuck with the bill..
    Vote now or dont bitch about it when the payment is due.

15. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a Spanish-born English-raised Frenchman living in America.

I am white, brown-eyed, olive-skinned, upper-middle class Catholic and proud of it.

I am an aspiring politician and/or historian. I am attracted to men, but not really interested in sex with them.

I am quirky.

The end :slight_smile:

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First thing that comes to mind...

... To use a list to describe myself? Why should I when most of us are nothing but walking contradictons. Who am I to yself, who am I to each and everyone I know, who I was, who I want to be... What is the real me, which one of them?

The idea of a monolytic identity is nothing but a lie made by fools, casually from the west, and has been used to tyranize people by making them believe they are sick when they don't fit into 'the right box', aka the one this society had ready for them.

So who are you... Good luck with trying to make an sculpture out of water...

17. HugasaurusRex

I am many things. The person who loves, cares and hopes where hope is lost. I am the optimist where only failure is ahead. I am the one who walks where others dare not. I am the one who cares little for how someone looks, love is love no matter the colour/race/religion/background. I am the one who will fight for those too scared to answer back themselves, even if that means I lose those I love. I am the one who will always be at your back to pick you up when you fall. The one who will love you when you think all others hate you. The person who will give their everything and take nothing. But above all, I am me.

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eurasian abroad-girl from an expat family. Musician. Writer girl. Introvert. Musical theatre geek. Secretive. Teacher. Philosopher. Daughter. Older sibling. Older cousin. Rich daddy's girl. Hot girl. Fashionable. Not quite straight.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It might be time to let the secret out...

[YOUTUBE]1Q3fpKuQI_g[/YOUTUBE]
    I'm Batman.

20. Sarcastic Luck

I am me.

Because the need to label everything gets old.