1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Easily Do You Make Friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 20, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Pretty straight forward.

Would you say you're easy to get along with? Do you have a lot of friends, or are you more into keeping a smaller circle?

What role do you tend to play with your friends? Comedian? Counselor? The crazy one? The cool one? And so on and so forth.

Would you say you're easier to get along with, than most people?

2. Psaurus918

I have a small circle of close friends but a decent circle of casual friends. I'm pretty easy going and it's hard to rile me up

3. Sek

Sek

I like to label myself as a misunderstood extrovert. My personality is very blunt and straightforward because I feel I owe my honesty to other people out of respect. So sometimes I come across as rude and snobbish without meaning to, in fact I really do love people. It's something I'm working on changing. :slight_smile:

Also, it takes a while for me to connect with people because I am so polite when I meet others for the first time. Being courteous all the time has its downsides, I guess some people find that boring or something.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't make friends easily because I'm quiet and have trouble thinking of ways to keep a conversation going. Usually when someone starts a conversation with me we quickly reach a point where I don't know how to respond to the other person, and there's an awkward silence until I get all embarrassed and they walk away.

I think I'm easy to get along with. I'm polite, and friends tell me they like that they can talk for ten minutes straight without me interrupting them. I just smile and nod, for the most part, lol. So unless someone starts insulting me and such, I can get along with them just fine. I can only recall one person whom I couldn't get along with, and that was because he was threatening me and making my relationships with other friends complicated. I moved away from that town, so I don't have to speak to him ever again, which is a relief, because not being able to get along with someone was stressing me out.

I have a small circle of friends. My best friend since kindergarten, a guy friend who started hanging out with me a few years ago, and a couple friends I sit with before classes.

With my friends, I'm usually shy and quiet. I just listen to them talk about whatever's on their mind, help them with things, etc. The one exception to this is the guy friend I mentioned, whom I talk to as much as he talks to me. He likes to talk about me rather than himself, unlike most of my friends who talk about whatever they've been thinking and feeling. I feel less shy around him as well, which seems to lead to me teasing him most of the time, or I talk about anime I've been watching and things like that. My other friends always say it's funny how I am so shy towards them, but always making fun of (playfully, not seriously) that one friend; they seem to think he annoys me or something. And he does... actually. :lol:

5. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't find it boring at all, I find it one of the most salient character traits in a man. I find politeness to be so sweet.

I'm not much of a friend-maker. And in the country I live (Switzerland) making new friends is so difficult as it is. I have these weird "phases" where I am in contact with just ONE person over the longest time, and then "disappear" for a while and reflect upon that certain friendship, then move on to a new one. I don't know what that says about me, but friends for me are social experiments instead of emotional safety nets. I've yet to meet someone intelligent enough to give me feedback on this "condition".

6. HugasaurusRex

I prefer a few but small group of friends over a large amount of acquaintances. Generally speaking I am very easy to get on with. In fact I am probably one of the most easy going person around here, but as I tend to be quiet around new people, most do not see it. With new people I am an observer, I watch people's body language and listen to how they speak. I have trust issues so it takes me a long time to let someone in and get to know the real me, but once you are in, unless you do something dramastic (Yes, it is a real word...In my dictionary...) then it is very unlikely to offend/hurt me. I do not really assign roles, or see people holding roles in a friendship, but if I was to...I would be the one who is full of too much love.

7. CrazyAwkward

I'm easy to get along with after someone gets to know me. I'm a very quiet person, and social situations make me uneasy, so I probably come across as standoffish at first. It takes me awhile to get comfortable with people and open up. That makes it difficult to make friends, and I don't have any at the moment, but I'm working on that. When I had friends I was the quiet one, listened more than I talked, and tried to be supportive and make people happy.

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say I have a ton of good acquaintances. By most people's standards, they'd be considered friends. But I don't feel comfortable being 90% open and honest around them, so they're not really friends.

Anyways, I have a very difficult time making true friends.

9. Higs

I have hard time making good friends. Have a total of 2 who I can be completely honest to.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can be quite selective over my friends, so I tend to have only a few. However the ones I do have are incredibly precious to me. The best thing is I know they're real friends. I'm not a fan of shallow, superficial friendships because I don't see the point and often feel like those people are only being friendly for their own gain. I like to think that when I'm someone's friend, I get back the amount of effort that I put in, so the friendship is balanced and equal and not at all one sided.

11. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not so easily. I'm too quiet and shy, for one thing. I'm just not very social in general. I tend to make friends with people who are pretty social, because they balance out my lack of it. At the same time, although I'm easy to talk to and can solve problems, I'm not always so sensitive and can be kind of sarcastic and blunt and that might drive some people away.

12. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! :slight_smile:

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Purp :smilewave

Another thing: almost all the friends I have were made through other people. There was basically only one friend to start with and then I met the others through him and through people who knew him. I was lucky to have that first one -_- Otherwise I might in trouble.

14. biisme

I'm too shy to go out looking for friends, but I'm very easygoing when I meet people. I have a lot people that I'm on good terms with, and a smaller group of really close friends. However, most of my friends live in different states because I met them in college :/ . So, I'll have to work on this "meeting people" thing.

If I had to describe myself as a friend it would probably be a mix of: comedian, crazy, affectionate, raunchy, and stubborn.

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not very.

16. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have always gotten along well with people and was well liked growing up. But I was still an introvert and out of choice avoided having much of a social life. Now that I'm in the army i make friends ridiculously fast because that's just the nature of the military. Probably have more friends than I want or need lol... But the experience has made me way more outgoing than before and I guess that's a good thing

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very difficult, if I'm being honest about my exact level of weirdness. But I'm happy with only a few friends and a lot of acquaintances.

I've noticed there are roughly 4 "types" of people that are persistent in trying to befriend me.

18. The Wallflower

Making friends is difficult. Much easier than before, but it's very hard for me to make a first approach and maintaining a normal conversation with them without seeming awkward.

Especially with guys.

19. timo

I used this as an argument in my job interview today. It suited the description.

Wasn't a lie. I usually get along well with most people, and I like being around people. The hardest part is starting a conversation, after that it's no problem.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You all sound like terrible people.

Kind? Listening? Respect? Honesty?!

LOL. <3