1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians and U-Hauling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XenaxGabby, May 20, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never understood this phenomenon. Why move in with someone you barely know? What do you consider to be an appropriate length of time before "taking the plunge?" Personally I think about 9/10 months seems reasonable.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends how fast the relationship progresses 0.0

3. guitar

It's a really a couple-by-couple basis, but I think 9 months is really the earliest. It really helps if one person out of the couple lives on their own and then you can gradually spend time together and build it up to see if you're okay in the same space before the other person moves their stuff in.

4. TheStormInside

I'm curious, is this actually a very common phenomenon among lesbians, or is it just a stereotype? I can't see myself wanting to move in with someone I've known less than a year, maybe longer, though I am a person that really values my personal space.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From what I've seen and heard, it is. I'm the same way. I'd really have to know someone inside and out before that kind of commitment. Not to mention dealing with finances and other important things.

6. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would probably say after about 1 year it would be ok to start talking about it but again it does depend on how you actually feel about the person and how serious the relationship is. Some lesbians can move very fast when when it comes to just getting into a relationship but not all of them. I personally enjoy maintaining a space for myself and wouldn't want to move in with someone unless I was 100% sure. I love alone time and I'm always going to need a place for myself to hang out alone.