1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I really a sociopath for getting off this way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MouseKeeper, May 21, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

So, I'm already dealing with mixed feelings regarding fake rape. I get off on the thought of someone forcing themselves onto me, and it's kept me feeling like crap because I get off on something that is actually traumatic to the majority of people out there. But I came across a blog post that reads
    "Their kink is not for rape-play itself. Their kink is for rape apologism."
    http://bit.ly/1LgKup6
    Which is false. I don't condone sexual assault under any circumstances.
    Does getting off on the thought of someone forcing themselves onto me really make me a sociopath?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Nope! Roleplay rape is a real thing and It's fine as long as it's fake and consensual. Rape fantasies are one of the most common fetishes in the world.

3. Psaurus918

No, of course not. If you're having consensual sex then it's not rape, especially if you're giving someone permission to be submissive

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I'm into that as well.

5. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive been raped but i still think rape roleplay can be good experience. Thats twisted isint it? But having female to take me harshly is hot ^.~

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As with all things in the BDSM community, it requires clear intent and consent negotiation. Often, we are roleplaying things that are either directly nonconsensual or have dynamics, that if they were real, would in fact be consent invalidating and problematic. When the understanding is that there's always a safe word, and clear prior understanding of what the scene is, all classes of nonconsent-simulating play become ethically viable.

I have to admit that I find it erotic to be tied up or otherwise held down by a dominant sexual partner. This is obviously a subset of rape fantasy, and I don't know what mental gymnastics one would have to think otherwise.

As dear female friend of mine in the lifestyle put it, the problem is people often into BDSM for the wrong reasons. One of these reasons include the thought they can actually enact problematic sexualities, and it will be okay. I'm talking about actually raping people, sadists who don't respect limits, and the like. But it is not fair or accurate to say this is the BDSM community in general.

In fact, the BDSM community has had and is continuing to have a lively discussion about consent, and in particular outing and networking against abusers in their community.

EDIT: Also, I think you're misreading the article, if this thread is really a question.

~ Adrienne

#6 Pret Allez, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

No.

Sociopaths tend demand to be the dominant one. They dislike hate giving up power, and being submissive is the very incarnation of that. Based on that, you aren't.

As for your kink, well, everybody else has addressed it. Only thing I can add is, in my own personal experience, the psychological thrill can push you to need a more aggressive fix. While I've never had sex, I've bullied people and that feeling of power is very strong, and seemingly similar. I mean, the key to this fantasy is the power dynamic.

Just be careful, sexual thrills can be intoxicating. Be safe, always consensual, and communicate.

8. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Would a sociopath even feel crap over something like this? This seems like something they wouldn't even think about tbh

9. ashketchum202

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure that's one of the most common fetishes out there. It's all good as long as there's consent and you have a safe word just in case it gets too extreme.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not uncommon.

11. Sienrar

Rape fantasies are very common, I don't see why having them makes you a sociopath or a rape apologist. Fake rape is just that, fake.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, you're fine. ^^

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This. The fact that you feel remorse at all proves that you are not a sociopath. Sociopaths don't feel guilt.

Rape roleplay is extremely common. My girlfriend is into it (as the dominant one; me as the submissive) and she is one of the most caring people I know.