1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to say...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trikuriboh, Nov 30, 2008.

1. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well like I said I just wanted to say, when I came out to my friend I kind of always thought that all of a sudden the world would stop and something would happen. Who knows what like maybe all the people who I know would come out and surprise me and say get him or yay ur gay (rhymes ha) or that something would happen like the world would suddenly end or I'd die on the spot. But luckily none of those things happened. So I was wondering who else felt like this once the secret was out?

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i felt like that before my secret came out. then laughed when all my friends were like " WE KNEW IT!!!" haha

3. jazzrawr

Well, I thought everyone would hate me. So far, nobody hates me yet. XD
    Yet, anyways.
    I just felt relieved when I told the people who know now.

4. pirateninja

Yup, before I was out, I remember feeling like everyone learning I was gay would turn time inside out or something, or like everyone was watching me and waiting for me to slip up, and every day was just another to get through without blurting it out. But when I did blurt it out, it was very anti-climactic. My friends don't mind, and although I've had some problems with family members and not-so-close friends, 90% has been positive.

5. musican

I also feel like people are waiting for me to slip up. I wish I could say that I used to feel that way, but I'm not out to everyone so I still feel that way. I should have know that my best friend and my mom and my sister would all be accepting, but before I came out to them I was afraid that they would hate me when I told them.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely. I was positive everyone would hate me for it, and once I was out I just thought "wait, is that all there is to it?" I lost most of the people I'd thought of as good friends when I came out, which sucked, but the world didn't end.

7. boredofnormal

I knew that it would be a bomshell to my immediate family, but so far, everyone else has been like 'so....', my brother actually was interested in the process I had to go through to get to the place I'm at now...he asked really appropriate questions. The world didn't end, no one has said anything really hatefull or hurtfull yet...its been pretty good overall.

I'm actually having a harder time 'coming out' to my gay friends about my hetero marriage! Go figure!

8. Nixon

haven't yet