1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, May 22, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If someone in your life offered you to pay your college tuition and/or medical school because they were so rich would you take it or would you rather work for the money and have to pay it yourself. I personally wish to have someone else pay it for me because I see that having a job is such an impediment because the work that should matter is school because I don't think that working in fast food is going to apply in the medical field. On the other hand paying college on your own makes it worth it. But seriously in reality the real work that should matter is the hark work put in school not work. In conclusion I would have someone else pay it for me if they offered it.

2. Sienrar

I definitely would accept. It's basically sucking up your pride to live comfortably through your college years, which I think is a good deal.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would accept it.

And i think most people would. It is easy to say "i wouldn't do that, because i want to work hard for the things i have!", but i doubt most people would really turn down that offer.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's a catch, somewhere... especially if they're offering it to me.

But assuming no strings attached, I'd take it. Why not? I could focus the money I do work for, on other areas, which is a win-win all around.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to say yes, but if I did, I wouldn't want them to hold it over me for the rest of my life.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This is why you get a degree in something, then buy out their business.

^.~

7. PurpleGrey

Does that free college include dorms? Then hell yeah, free college! It would take so much stress off.

8. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

its already happening to me =)

i dont held any for pre-med so my parent have to pay for it.

now, i have 2 scholarship at medschool (i applied 10 different scholarship, got reply from 4 to conduct interview and i successfully held 2)

1 fully cover my tuition
    another 1 gave me $180 monthly allowance
    its not much but its enough to survive in a country where everywhere is rather cheap and i dont have to pay for accommodation because i live in the provided shared apartment for med student.

I also have a part time job as a TA in the pre-med Clinical Pathology Department at my uni. The pay is suck $6 for 2 hours of teaching session but the experience is worth every penny...

9. antibinary

I'd accept.

10. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

In Hungary the state pays for our college/university studies if we can get a certain number of points based on our high school studies and graduation performance. If I hadn't reached the necessary limit, my parents would have paid for it. For us it wouldn't have been a horrible fee, it was ~1200 USD per semester, but now they raised it to 1600 USD. That's a bit trickier.

Edit: so yeah, I would accept it.

11. HugasaurusRex

So long as there was no catch I would accept. But as things are never or rarely given for free, there would almost certainly be a catch. I could always accept it, and then poison them...Hmmm...I think I need to go find a rich aunt now...

12. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

If there was no catch at all, yes I would. This nonsense is gonna have me in debt for the rest of my life. I'm already 5 digits deep, and I still have another year of undergrad and grad school left.

13. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Depends.If it's a rich stranger interested in investing in the future through education sure,why not?

From my parents...i want to pay for myself and live on my own two feet but I'd swallow my pride if i really needed the money.However them paying for the whole thing or even a majority of it?No way.This doesn't even have to do with pride it's just that i have two siblings and we don't really have that much money.

Accepting it from a friend...again a little help here and there or lending something is fine but other than that i won't accept it.Even if it isn't meant that way it always seems like someone trying to show they're better.

14. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup, I'll have my sugar daddy pay everything for me :icon_wink

15. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

Well my catch is i have to maintain my GPA above 3.5
    and i already failing on the 1st semester
    So i'm pessimistic that i can keep this for the next 2 years