1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you start suspecting your true sexuality/identity since you were a kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, May 22, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

I started noticing I was different when I was just 6 years old. I remember I had a good friend of mine, and I loved being around him. Lots of times, I would kiss him on the cheek just cause.

I sh*t you not as I say this... I even removed my pants in front of him one time.

I also loved playing with dolls. I hated toy cars. Gimme some Littlest Pet Shops, some Barbie Dolls, and some My Little Ponies! That was my sh*t.

So, yes... ever since I was a kid, I knew I was different. I just didn't realize what it was until I was 12.

What about you?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew that I was different, I just never figured out how fully until later in my life. I saw myself as male, and I was confused why those who saw me did not see me as male. Throughout high school I hid it to try to be normal, and then I got into college and I could not hide it anymore.

3. Lyana

Nope, not at all.

I called myself straight until uni. I knew I was attracted to girls and I had many crushes on females, but I defaulted to straight because of my attraction to and crushes on guys. It sounds stupid put like that, but I guess I never considered I might be something other than "the norm." It wasn't until I met a girl I was seriously into and actually had a shot with that I told myself, Damn, girl, you're totally bi.

4. Sevan

When it comes to my sexuality, I think I was really upset because I never had crushes and would fake them so people would leave me alone. Like, I pretended to have a crush on this one kid, and only picked him because I admired his breakdancing. (I shit you not).

I became confused when I first developed something for my female best friend and questioned my sexuality. Was I lesbian? Bi? I still had that disconnect. With my sexuality I always knew something was wrong.

I guess gender was a lot harder to figure out. I didn't relate to boys or girls, but problems didn't arise until puberty. All of my high school photos feature me in oversized clothing to hide a body I don't fit in. With gender, I didn't know there was something wrong until later. I always knew something was up with my sexuality.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think so. As an extremely, little kid, nah but as a preteen, yes. In middle school, I started to find some guys attractive, but thought nothing of it. I often put my sexuality on the 'back-burner' and also learned to pass for straight really well back in my younger days. But yes, ever since middle school, I suspected something about me was not the social norm.

6. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 19 and still don't know what my sexual orientation is. I didn't "know I was gay" and only fairly recent have had sexual attraction towards people. I didn't know "being gay" was a thing until 6th grade. I thought it just meant stupid. I went to Catholic school that year and called a kid I didn't like gay. I got in trouble and my mom explained what being gay meant. I didn't get why anyone would care if you're gay. Let's just say that confused me.

I've only really had two serious crushes in my life and that was in my early teen years. Still don't know if I truly loved them or just always wanted to be best friends with them. It wasn't until around 16 where I started to question my sexuality.

Did I suspect I was different in some way or another? Yes but not sexually. I just didn't think about that kind of thing until I was in high school especially since I never got "the talk". Am I stereotypically gay in a lot of ways? Yes. I loved (and still do) love music, theater, cooking, teaching, and helping others. In other ways? No. I have no fashion sense whatsoever.

Like Randy, I knew I was odd in Middle School. I had a channel where I would dance and I thought it was the coolest thing. Only in high school did I realize people were laughing about it behind my back. My voice also was (and still is by most people's standards) high. My sister asked me if I was gay when I was a freshmen in high school. I didn't know I wasn't straight back then but my sister knew something was up.

#6 Geek, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I was a pretty gay kid. I was always play dating my female best friend and was extremely jealous/possessive over her by the time I was 8.

8. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pretty much since middle school.
    I noticed that i had no interest in girls at all. I liked bright flashy colors.

I was bullied mercilessly, for being large, stupid, but mostly for bring gay.
    they would even say my voice was even gay. i felt it was lies until high school when i would catch myself checking out guy's rear ends. i finally accepted myself as gay in my sophomore year. it was really hard going through the things i did. i still feel somewhat traumatized.

:icon_redf

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I was different as a kid. I felt wrong in my body, and knew I was supposed to be born male. With my sexuality, I never gave it much thought until I was in middle school. But I did have intense crushes on people across the gender board as young as five or younger.

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all. I always thought that I would grow up, marry a man, and have those 2.5 kids. I didn't even know gay people existed until I was 13.

11. Aster

I didn't start questioning until I was around 13. I went to my first Gay Pride not long after my 13th birthday and that was when I started questioning my sexuality, but I still didn't think too much of it.

Later that year I read a fanfiction that mentioned asexuality, pansexuality, etc., and since I hadn't heard of these at the time I became really interested in it. After that my sexuality was all over the place, I wasn't sure whether I was bisexual, pansexual or polysexual. I'm comfortable and happy with bisexual now.

Yeah because of the whole fanfiction it definitely wasn't the classiest way to start questioning.

12. Sienrar

I never questioned my sexuality until I was about maybe twelve. Although looking at my past there were definitely differences between me and the other kids.

13. MrSkittles

Like other posters I noticed when I was in middle school. There was this guy who sat at the same table as me. I couldn't stop staring at him. At the time I didn't know what was going on but now I think that was a crush. I basically stopped thinking about my sexuality and pretended to be straight for a while until the end of 8th grade. That's when I told myself I was gay.

14. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From a young age, I was vaguely aware that I saw girls differently compared to my friends.

At about seven years old, I was obsessed with the thought of kissing a girl who rode my bus. I even attempted to kiss her on the cheek when she wasn't looking, but never succeeded. She kept asking me why I always leaned so close to her. :lol: Later on, after that girl moved to another town, I convinced my best friend to kiss me.

At about eight, I loved to draw, and I usually drew girls. For some reason, I really enjoyed drawing breasts on them. :rolle: I'm sure girls at school noticed I was staring at their breasts. I wasn't hiding it so well... o.o

At ten or so, I found out what a lesbian was, and it immediately occured to me that I 'wouldn't mind' dating a girl.

At about eleven, I started reading lesbian love stories on FictionPress.

I usually consider ten years old the age I started to question my orientation.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I didn't even become sexually aware until 13. I started questioning at 14.

16. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember in like 3rd grade I thought one of my guy friends were really cute, didn't think much into it, until middle school where I found myself staring at guys all the time. I didn't know what being gay was until people kept asking me if I was. Someone even asked me if I was a Lesbian, which confused me much.
    Denied it to myself until later years of high school, about being gay.

17. DragKing692

I knew what it meant in sixth grade, and realised I was in seventh when I fell in love. Her name was Shannon, and she was beautiful and kind and almost magical... oh, am I nostalgic right now...

18. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I started questioning when I was about 5. I thought the women on TV were beautiful (specifically, Sarah Michelle Gellar) even though I had crushes on guys too. I remember I had one of my friends over & we fought over who got to make out with this makeover Barbie head I had. At 8 I remember staring at this picture of a woman in a bikini for a really long time, which confused the hell outta me. When I was 13 I thought, "What if I'm bisexual?" & I felt this weird wave of comfort using that word to describe myself, even though I never identified as bi. As for gender, I remember specifically wearing certain clothes around the ages of 7-10 because they made me feel like a boy & I wanted to present as a boy some days. I also pretended to be a man coming home to his wife a lot, & I just in general pretended to be a guy or some genderless being very frequently.

19. Burnedcloset

No.

I always thought I liked girls. I would always think a girl is pretty. It was just what I thought was normal.

Once I started to see just how hot guys are at like 11-12....my mind went crazy with hormones and emotions.

20. Theo Weiss

I had always tried to convince myself that I was straight mostly because everyone else was and I just wanted to fit in. However, I knew deep down that I was different than most of the other kids in terms of which who I found attractive and I was honestly a bit scared of how other people would react so I never told anyone until recently.