1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your dreams come true!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, May 22, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone tells us that our dreams are very big and will crash and will crash us down with them if they did so, we should be realistic but whats being realistic anyway when they talk they only talk like why be a video game designer or why be an artist be a doctor or something realistic isn't this another dream just in their own point of view is more realistic ?

did your dreams come true and you send a F++K YOU ALL I LIVED THE LIFE I DREAMED ! :smilewave

and people were like WTF :eek:

or was it the other way around and you dropped your jaw

shot your answers down in the comments weather you had your dreams come true your dreams crashed or you are still a dreamer like me..

btw i accept your dream whatever its i dont judge you :thumbsup:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. I've had ambitions of being a musician as a kid (or a popular music producer), but I was told bluntly that it wasn't going to happen and I need to be realistic. My dreams now drift from being a well known filmmaker in the underground horror community with a cult following to producing a musical that's up there with shows like Les Miz and Wicked in terms of their success.

A smaller one I had briefly involved a cousin close to my age who considered going to college to major in forensic and mortuary sciences. Our plan was to do a tag team type system and work together, as I considered getting into forensic anthropology and criminal justice. Nothing has come out of it though, since I think her interests have changed a lot.

3. Sienrar

Thankfully I'm not old enough yet to have many dreams broken. :slight_smile:

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be fine. I just hope you weren't like me, where your 6th grade guidance counselor made you and your peers write down all your ambitions and what you wanted to do as a career; as if we were going to be graduating that weekend and we had to think fast.

5. Sienrar

I've had stuff like that happen, and I definitely have hopes, dreams, and ambitions for the future. But I know that I have many years ahead of me to decide what I want to do, and that things won't be set in stone.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "Dreams do come true, but you gotta make em happen"

I'm a really private, do-it-myself kind of person, so it took a long time before anyone really noticed how into Japan I was. By that time, I had already started making sound plans for how and when I'd move here. So from my family and most of my friends, it was either ignored or supported. My family actually dragged it out of me in order to show their support! XD The only person I had really try to beat down my dream was my first boyfriend. One of the last 'dates' we had, we were eating and he randomly looked up and said "if you go to Japan I'll ditch you" (dating for 3.5 years and he'll 'ditch' me...what a piece of work eh?). So I looked him dead in the eye and said "okay".

And I think it's very important to note: plans A through D failed.

Planning, perserverance, and just not giving up, will let you chase your dream. And some day, with enough hard work and maybe some luck or fate or what have you, it'll happen. If not, at least you can know that you followed through, you did what you could, and you never gave up on something that mattered to you, or if you did put aside one dream, it was for a better one.

7. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

my parents says i should dream and plan my future as high, as wild, as bizarre my imagination might took me to...

Unfortunately

they're the one that wont give a consent for me to enlist to military boot camp (yes we need parental or spousal consent here to enlist in Indonesia). I was disappointed because i know my dream wont came true now

but i always look at the bright side

i dont have to marry a girl to get promoted (You need to marry a girl to get promoted from Captain to Major in the army) and lead her to unfulfilled relationship

3 weeks ago i got an offer from my uncle. He told me i can enlist as Military doctor, he promised me to give a glowing letter of recommendation. but i'm planning to turned it down...

i have a new and more fulfilling dream i have to achieve, and i'm working on it right now:thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. CyanChachki

They haven't yet but I'm getting very close to accomplishing them. Many people have told me plenty of times that I can't be an artist or that I can't be a drag queen because I'm technically not a biological man but it's all just coming from a place of insecurity. They're worried that I'm going to be better than them when in reality, I don't care if I'm better than anyone else, I just want to be known for what I do. I want to bring happiness and creativity to people's lives and to show everyone that they can do anything if they set their mind to it. I want to see others be happy with who they are and not afraid to do something that's in their heart, such as drag or painting.

Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life. Have fun and the happiness will always be there.

9. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What does big dreams mean? Just you can decide if that dream is too big for you, not the people around you. :slight_smile: Anyway, I'm a realistic person, but I have dreams like others, and I believe in them and working hard to make them come true. Because there are much more in you than you think, and chances always come.
    I had childish dreams when I was little, but I realized, they weren't real dream 'cause I didn't want them that much.
    And I learned: if you really want something, very often you have to make compromises... I came from a very problematic family and yes, I knew that if I choose my girlfriend the relationship with my family will deteriorate, but now I live with her alone, in a flat, and we are happy together. My biggest dream from childhood was a normal, peaceful, happy family. And I had to realize that I can't change my original family, my parents, I have to make that family for myself.
    I believe if you REALLY WANT someting, a dream that YOU KNOW can be racional, and you keep thinking on it and you working hard for it and you are willing to make compromises for it, you will make that dream true...

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really... Not yet, anyways. But, what's funny is, once your dream comes true, either you'll be bored or you'll find another dream to pursue. You'll never die with all your dreams having come true unless you had no ambitions to start with!

11. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, as Madách said: "O Man, strive on, strive on, have faith; and trust!" Life is chasing dreams all the time. :slight_smile:

12. Jellal

I try to make them come true a little bit every day, but it takes effort!

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No.

Whatever.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still in the dreaming stage, someday I'll start converting my dreams into plans and actions :grin:

15. MrSkittles

Still Dreaming and I hope my dreams come true. The one Dream I do hope to come true is to meet my prince charming and we can get married and have a family.

16. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dreamed of going abroad and studying in one of the top universities and somehow I managed to fulfill the dream. It took me ten years to finish my BA and I struggled every step of the way. Eventually, I found a subject that I loved: English literature and worked endlessly to maintain a high enough average to get accepted into a good university. I managed to graduate with distinction and was accepted into a great university for my MA.

It started off amazingly, I had a huge dorm room and was in the center of one of the greatest cities in the world. I made a large amount of friends immediately and it felt as if my dream really was coming true. Well, it turns out that I'm trans and I didn't know it at the time... After the first month, dysphoria started eating away at me. I wasn't able to connect with others beyond superficial friendships and became more and more uncomfortable in class. I slowly became increasingly withdrawn and towards the end of the year, I found myself alone and lost.

Now I have a new dream! To look into the mirror someday and see my own reflection in it for the first time. :eusa_ange

17. Simple Thoughts

For me the answer is simply that I've only just now gathered up the will to begin pursing mine.

I want to become an animator. Well actually my dream is to be able to tell stories, and that's the format I'd like to do it in. I've dabble with writing and drawing before in the past and now I want to blend art and writing together and pursue bring stories to life.

I really really REALLY want to make an animated movie, but that'll take time, help, and money to succeed.

More specifically I want to make something with a feel like "Secret of NIHM" but with a strong LGBT ( T specifically ) Theme. I've got it all worked up in my head. The general plot and most of the the way it'd develop but I have to really flesh out the characters and create dialog.

Right now though my focus needs to be on learning. I'm learning to draw and to animate as well as how to navigate all the software I have for this, and I'm hoping I can create something amazing and tell a beautiful story.

18. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

too tired

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll tell you in 20 years.

20. Simple Thoughts

Totally offtopic but I love your avatar image or profile pic or w/e you call em X3